x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where to find WorldTalk?

wntrmute Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, all...back again,

Where can I find a working copy of WorldTalk browser for my MobilePro 780? I tried downloading the thing from cmonex's site but it doesn't work. Why doesn't it work? Apparently, it's zipped. I can't find an unzip tool for my WinCE Professional, and some kind of weird file conversion goes on when copying the file to my main PC over ActiveSync. If I copy and unzip the file from my PC --->to --->my MobilePro, I get a "not a valid CE executable" error from the 780 when I try to open it up from the Windows directory. It doesn't run at all on my PC, either, although I can live with that.

Also, as an aside, when I copied this program to my PC and tried to run the WTalkCE program on my PC, not only will it not work, but it won't delete from my desktop either. I get a "program still running error," and this is even after powering down the computer and restarting all over again. It's not that big a problem, but I do hate having a file on my desktop I can't get rid of at all.

Thanks again in advance!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

heh, go to ghisler.com and download totalcommander ce for your 780. that can do unzip.

it's a zip inside which there is a CE exe, no point in trying to run it on the PC.

you can try deleting the stuff from the desktop if you go into the desktop folder of your username in a filemanager. for example on XP it is usually in: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Desktop

Edited by cmonex 2008-08-02 9:35 AM
 Top of the page
wntrmute Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-08-02 8:32 AM

heh, go to ghisler.com and download totalcommander ce for your 780. that can do unzip.

it's a zip inside which there is a CE exe, no point in trying to run it on the PC.

Thanks, cmonex!

Worked like a charm, and I now have both TotalCommander and WorldTalk on my 780.

Still didn't work about the file deletion, though...I'd already tried doing it from the command line. I guess the next step is to try and do it from safe mode at the command line.

But thanks again...it's great to have Google come up in WorldTalk now...

Top of the page
wntrmute Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 5:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-08-02 8:32 AM
you can try deleting the stuff from the desktop if you go into the desktop folder of your username in a filemanager. for example on XP it is usually in: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Desktop

Finally got rid of the WTalkCE program on my desktop. Had to boot to Safe Mode w/Command Prompt, travel to my desktop directory, and then delete the file. Worked easily.

Now to get off this clunky thing and play with my 780....

Top of the page
turbo.deluxe
turbo.deluxe Page Icon Posted 2008-10-16 10:14 AM
#
Any ARM builds?? or equivalent browser ! arg?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-17 5:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

WorldTalk was written specifically for the NEC MobilePro 700 series, so there's only a MIPS version.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9