x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sharp mobilon tripad pv 6000

HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello i was wondering if any body knows about sharp mobilon tripad pv 6000 which i bought it from ebay. its a pretty cool machine i like it. i was wondering can this machine use wireless card or ethernet card for it. i let one of my coworker played with it and he updated the driver for it and it worked but he said he can't get the wireless cards to get it going. so do all of these handheld pc like nec mobile pro 800,hp jornada 880 and other handhelds have to update all the drivers before i can use my wireless cards. and even his other computer wiz friend doesn't know how to update it. thanx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 2:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, you can use a wireless card in the TriPad, as long as it has a driver compatible with a Windows CE 2.11 device with a MIPS processor. You'd then need to install that driver because it's not already in ROM on the TriPad. Which card are you trying to use? Maybe we can help you get it working if you give us specific information about the card.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-07 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok i have a ( cabletron systems roam about 802.11 ds high rate wirless lans) wirless card but when i bought it said it uses only for hp jornada's handheld pc or did i got the wrong one. then i got a d-link fast ethernet card dfe-690txd model. and where do i update those drivers for the tripad. thanx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-07 7:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check the Hardware Compatibility List here for compatibility info and drivers:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-13 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi i have another question about sharp mobilon triapad pv 6000 now where do i go to get my triapad updated so i can use my wireless card for the internet service. i've been searching for microsoft.com and it is so slow and wanted to updated so i can surf the web with it. you think any computer store will service the old machine like bestbuy or something i'm getting a headache looking for update driver for the wireless card. or do i have to update the whole darn thing with a 56k modem and this site don't have much stuff to download to the tripad right thanx

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-14 1:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Unfortunately, the Pocket Internet Explorer 3.0 of H/PC Pro doesn't exactly provide the best browsing experience. There is little you can do to improve it since the OS (including PIE) is in ROM, and no ROM upgrade is available. There's an alternative browser called WorldTalk, but it's pretty slow too in my experience. (It's available on cmonex' site: http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm ) I don't recommend taking it to a home electronics chain like Best Buy - I doubt they'd have a clue what to do with it.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-08-14 1:39 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-14 9:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

also there is n*tfr*nt, works on CE 2.11 MIPS if you have enough ram
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi just wanted to know where else i can go download some software or other programs for sharp mobilon tripad pv 6000 or update them thanx. or can u update it for me how much u charge just kiddin.

Edited by HHuey21687 2008-08-15 3:30 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12