x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB Storage and 900C

jtw032 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently purchased a MP900 and flashed ROM to official "C", then to cmonex custom.
Firmware: CMONEX v2.0
Build date: Oct 28 2007
PIC: 3.18.7
Bootloader: 4.10

I've tried several jump drives without success. My Sandisk Cruzer jump drive worked before (If I remember correctly it was with the official 900C ROM and clik! driver).

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? I really like the custom ROM and would like to avoid reflash.

Thanks,
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 2:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've noticed that with some flash drives, if I have the "My Computer" folder open, that when I insert the flash drive, nothing shows up. Yet if I go up a level and then click on the "My Computer" icon, when the folder opens up, the drive shows up as a "hard drive"

But I've also had some USB flash drives that simply do not work. Two that have always worked for me is the Corsair Flash Voyager and the PNY Attache'

Rich
 Top of the page
jtw032 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the reply Rich. I tried playing around with "My Computer" as you suggested. I also tried a PNY Attache'. No luck. The light on the drives flash when I plug them in. However, they don't stay on and don't show up as a "hard drive". What's strange is that it was working for me before the ROM flash.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jtw032 - 2008-08-11 10:17 PM
What's strange is that it was working for me before the ROM flash.

not that strange, if you used the clik driver. it probably supports a different range of devices.
i suggest you install the same clik driver on this rom, and see if it helps. I have reports that it does.
 Top of the page
jtw032 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've tried that also. Still no luck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12