x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Issues with a Fujitsu PenCentra

IFixComputers Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So, like many other people, I bought a Fujitsu PenCentra 130 brand new in its original box from Halted Supply Co.

I put Tascal on it and edited the registry to get 16bit color, then proceeded to try and get it online and play music.

I found a Symbol Compact Flash wireless card with drivers that say "compatible with MIPS4000 series processors and HPC Pro" and I downloaded Windows Media Player 1.2 from Microsoft which boasts the same. Yet when I try to run both applications, I get an error saying "this is not a valid Windows CE application."

My 4gb Transcend Compact Flash card works fine though.

What am I doing wrong?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 5:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Did you copy the file WMNAll.exe directly to the PenCentra? That's an installer that needs to be run on the PC to generate the CAB files for each CPU class. It can't be run directly on the PenCentra. (I'm guessing it's the same with the Symbol driver file you have.)
 Top of the page
IFixComputers Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Media Player installed, but I tried to sync to my laptop and the sync program froze as a big white block in the center of the screen, and there's no way to remove it. When I try to open PC Connection now, nothing happens.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 8:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

PC Connection? Which sync client are you using (ActiveSync or Windows CE Services)?
 Top of the page
IFixComputers Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

On the PenCentra, in order to use ActiveSync, you need to set up a Pc connection. Since I lack a DB9 sync cable, I use IRDA on my laptop. I opened ActiveSync on my laptop, and started the PC Connection program on the PenCentra, and the application froze on the PenCentra. Now there's just a white box in the center of the PenCentra's screen, and I cannot remove it. Even when I try to start the PC Connection program again, nothing happens.

I need to either end the task, which I don't believe is possible in Windows CE2.11, or reset the computer, because you can't turn the tablet off.
 Top of the page
IFixComputers Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I found a hard reset button underneath a rom upgrade card. I lost all my settings, but I got rid of the white box of doom.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 8:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can end the active task either of three ways: 1) Alt+tap on the running program's name on the taskbar; 2) Alt+tap on a blank area of the taskbar to bring up the Task Manager; or 3) Ctrl+Alt+Delete (as on a PC). Because the PenCentra doesn't have an integrated hardware keyboard like most H/PCs, you have to connect a USB or PS/2 keyboard to do it. In the cases of 1) and 2), however, there is an alternative: tap on one of the hard icons along the left-hand border of the PenCentra's screen before tapping on the taskbar. (I don't have the PenCentra in front of me, but I believe it's the one marked '3.' )

Make sure you have enough free memory before installing - that might be why it's freezing up. (Check Control Panel -> System -> Memory.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-16 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

IFixComputers - 2008-08-16 2:45 AM

I found a hard reset button underneath a rom upgrade card. I lost all my settings, but I got rid of the white box of doom.

heh, plain soft reset button was not good enough for you ?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28