x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Upcoming appointments program for 900c ?

Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-08-20 7:03 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi all,

I'd need a scheduling program which let you see on the HPC's desktop the upcoming appointments as it happens on wm5..is there such software or utility also adapted from PPC software ?

Thanks

Edited by Dan 2008-08-20 7:09 AM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-08-21 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

So it seems there is not a program for this purpose.. I think it would be a very useful utility though. I thought about a possible interface and here are two picture of the program I thought about.

Do you think it would be worth if someone developed such utility? What features should it have?

I think it should be linked with the Calendar agenda, so that when you add an appointment in the agenda, it appears in the "Upcoming appointments" utility as well. Also, it would be nice if it had a button in the traybar, so that you can hide the utility when you don't need it.

Any comments?

(uA.jpg)

(uAc.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments uA.jpg (22KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments uAc.jpg (22KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-08-21 9:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dan

Unfortunately, I don't think there has ever been a demand for that type of software within the HPC community.
I use CE Agenda which does have a button in the traybar which allows you to quickly view your whole week of appointments.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-08-21 4:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

"I don't think there has ever been a demand for that type of software within the HPC community"

I would hypothesize that the reason is because most HPCs are just not portable like a pocketpc. I mean the J720 is the best for carrying around and it is too big really for conveinence sake.

I use my Mobilepro...but only when I travel for short trips where I don't need my laptop.

Rich
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-08-21 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I would be happy if the desktop that PPC/WM have worked on HPC. Not the whole front end but the desktop bit that shows appointments etc.

Would quite like a view like this right there when you flip the unit open.

John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-22 9:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can try a Pocket PC program called Events:

http://www.archive.org/details/tucows_203075_Events
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.242 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 15