x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Colour "banding" on images; NEC 770 - help please !

Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 6:31 PM
#
- am getting back into the swim of HPC things, and now have a UK (Packard Bell) badged Mobile Pro 770 ( which I used to own back in the day) as well as the 680e I got of ebay last week

PROBLEM - images shown in - for example - Peters Viewer - have colour "banding" that looks like the screen isn't going at 64k (I have obviosuly checked the box in settings) The same images are fine on the 680e.

Is there something I'm missing ? I only have ebay-ed home brew software cds, but I've scoured the NEC / Packard Bell sites for updates and drivers. I used to own one of these machines, and I seem to vaguely recall there were NEC updates - can anyone help me out?

Simon
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 7:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I don't believe you are missing anything. 4096 colors was the maximum on the 770. 64K didn't step into existence until the 780 hit the line for NEC. There are no 770 updates for the video display that I know of.

Rich
 Top of the page
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2005-05-20 2:41 AM
#
.., I guess, but the control panel for the screen (EasyMate / MobilePro settings) gives two options - 64k and 256 colours. If I opt for the 256 colours then the "64k" option in SmallTweak is greyed out, so something's working.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-05-20 7:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I think that the Windows CE operating system for 2.11 didn't necessarily coincide with the hardware it was installed on. Hence for those HPCs that support 64K...no problem. But for those that don't, then you just get the maximum that the machine can display.

One OS, many devices....

Rich

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8