x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP900 ROM upgrade killed Activesync

homesteadpaul Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I reflashed my MP900 to upgrade to CE.NET 4.2 and everything I tried worked, except when I try to connect to my PC, I got an "USB Device Not Recognized" error. I tried updating (and then downgrading) Activesync and the USB drivers. I forgot what version of Activesync I started with.

Anyhow, I reflashed back to HPC2000 and Activesync worked again.

So, I tried CMonex's custom rom v2.0. Flash went well. I like the way the system looks and what is included, but again no Activesync.

Somewhere in there, I downgraded to HPC2000 again, it worked, and then tried CMonex's ram image. It worked, but without AS.

The MP900 can use both my USB flash drives, and a USB harddrive. That was part of why I wanted to upgrade.

I'm now running Activesync 3.8, since some places suggest that is the best, and the XP usb drivers from CMonex's site.

The PC I'm hooking to is an HP Pavilion laptop, XP with all the latest updates.

Thanks in advance for any help.

==>paul
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I sometimes find if I change something on the same device activesync doesnt work...

However if I change to a different USB socket it reinstalls driver and works fine.
 Top of the page
homesteadpaul Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried both of my laptop's USB ports, with the same error.

==>paul
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i had the same though it wasnt after a rom reflash. try:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10024&posts=10

the post that was Posted at 2007-09-18 4:12 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 8:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Bear in mind, cmonex, that the time of the post won't show the same if homesteadpaul isn't in the same time zone. (In the Pacific Time Zone here in the US, for example, it shows as "2007-09-17 7:12 PM." )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-25 2:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

fine, it is the post where I describe the tricks to get it working
 Top of the page
homesteadpaul Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help, but nothing worked. The only sugestion from the old thread I haven't been able to try yet is going through a USB hub.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the laptop's setups, since it works if I reflash to the downgrade. OTOH, if it's sending a differend ID or something changing the *.ini file should have fixed that, but didn't.

==>paul
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 6:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You may just have a quirky ROM upgrade...that is something may have happened during the download that corrupted some of the data. Try downloading it again and reinstalling. Try version 1 first and see what happens...and if that works, then try version 2.

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-29 2:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

homesteadpaul - 2008-08-26 11:50 PM

Thanks for the help, but nothing worked. The only sugestion from the old thread I haven't been able to try yet is going through a USB hub.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the laptop's setups, since it works if I reflash to the downgrade. OTOH, if it's sending a differend ID or something changing the *.ini file should have fixed that, but didn't.

==>paul

sorry, it is certainly the laptop's setup. try installing activesync 4.5.
 Top of the page
homesteadpaul Page Icon Posted 2008-08-29 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

After trying 3 or 4 versions of CE.net 4.2, at least 3 versions of Activesync, and tweeking every possible setting, I finally got in town and bought a cheap USB hub. I'm guessing that at some point NEC tried to optimize the MP900's USB drivers and changed the timing a bit too much for it to sync right. Anyhow, it works just fine through the hub and I can't figure out what else might have changed.

Thanks for the help

BTW CMonex, I love your build. It's just about all I could have wanted in the OS. Thanks

==>paul
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-31 6:18 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad you got it resolved and happy that you like my rom
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13