x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 Serial port Adressing Questions

Rickard5 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-01 3:58 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello
I've got some questions on Programing to use the Jornada 720's serial port. I know I'm asking for a world's worth of information in a the Cliff notes for Special Ed Edition. So please bare with me and I'll explain the Project I'm working on.

I have a small 4 channel DAQ box I like to use for A2D Data Acquisition projects.$25 DAQ (here) I like this DAQ because it's cheep and pretty easy to address in DOS Basica or from a VT100 Terminal App. I am currently working on an EV Commuter Bicycle project. with the cost of gas and not being able to drive any more the Electric Motored Bicycle project is a natural. Any how I plan to use one of these $25 DAQs to Analyze several aspects of the Motor/Battery/Speed Controller Performance. and use a Custom Cased/built Jornada 720, Built from Parts HAL Generously helped me out with. Where I'm at now I've got all the Amplifiers and other support Circuits Run to the Daq , and I've got the Daq talking to my 286 DOS only Laptop so I can see it's throwing Data out there, Now I got to get it talking to the 720, so I'm going to have to develop an app to collect Data from the serial port, and be able to export it to comma Delimited ASCII File that I Can bring in to Excel to analyze the Data! I'm planning on Developing this app in Embedded VB or NSbasic. Unfortunately My Programing skills begin and end with Basica/ apple soft Basic, and MS basic on several Older Platforms, and some 4GL Data Base environments. so any help you guys can give to get me going in the right direction would be Greatly Appreciated. I have this Goofy goal at the end of this project to make it a Basic Building Block for using this same Daq or another one like it for other projects. I know this is a overly long and Discombobulated question looking for a Quick Answer, but I appreciate that you have bared with me this far The best Way I Describe this App. is to show you a flow Chart of what I would need this sub routine to do. chart
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 28