x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which brand/speed of cf card for my nec?

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2008-09-01 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just loooooove my NEC 880! I have always put it down in the past because my J720 seems to be so much faster and the screen is much crisper but the 880 is awesome for the classroom.

I want to buy some larger cf cards for it and gosh! there are soooo many kinds of CF cards...the 80x, the 133x, the 266x.

How fast is the NEC 880's data bus? At what point is speed overkill? I am anxiously looking at a Transcend 8 GB for under $25. It boasts a 133X speed but I can't find out what the specific read/write speeds are.

I will mostly be doing notetaking and reading handouts and syllabi that instructors ahve prepared in electronic form. There is an occasional diagram or sketch but nothing color or very sophisticated.

Will the performance of a CF card in the 880 diminish as it gets full? If so, at what point?

If I have a file that contains 20 pages of text should I consider cutting it into 4 files?

Suggestions?

Edited by pengyou 2008-09-01 8:28 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-01 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just buy the slowest and cheapest of these, will still be fast enough for what you're going to use it.

20 pages of text is nothing, no need to cut it or worry in any way about it.
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2008-09-02 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8