x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sharp mobilon pv 6000

HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-02 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi its me again just be so dipsy about handheld pda i am getting kind of frustrating. first of all 1. i still don't get it everytime when i install the pc card adaptor on to the slot, it kept on saying unidentifyed pc card adaptor. enter the name of the driver for this pc card? driver name (network card in socket 1). what is that mean.
2. when i download the software down to the compact flash card some programs is easy to install and some isn't. now some of them says this 128bithpc is not valad window ce application how do you open these applications when that things pop up on the screen. how do you that.
3. where the heck do i download or update the software for windows ce prof so i can use the darn wireless internet instead of using the slow a.... 56 k modem for that pda. is there any specific wirless card i can buy,cause i have this cabeltron system roam about 802.11 ds high rate wireless card and i also have this d-link fast ethernet card dfe-690txo. shouldn't those cards should be lit up green color after in install to the pc card slot. and also do you now which is the best wireless card for the sharp mobilon tripad pv 6000 and do i have to do any updates to the machine before i can use it without 56k modem.
4. oh yeah what is that connection port on the bottom of the sharp mobilon is it for any way and what kind of connector do i need to buy or do i just used my infared to scan it. man i'm getting a headache need help again pleeze thanx
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-02 11:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

1) That depends what kind of PC card it is. If you're talking about a WiFi card, what you enter depends on which WiFi card it is.

2) That error message means one of two things: a) the file is an installer that you run on the PC (rather than the TriPad) to install the program on the TriPad via ActiveSync; or b) it's a program file compiled for a different processor (ARM, SH3, or SH4 instead of the TriPad's MIPS). (128bitHPC.exe is the former - an installer you run on the PC.)

3) We have links to the drivers for several WiFi cards here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

4) I assume it's for a docking station, though I'm not sure since I have its alter ego (the Vadem/MainStreet Clio), which doesn't have such a port.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12