x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Activesych-Synchronized files not loading on desktop

4fingersoffury
4fingersoffury Page Icon Posted 2005-05-21 11:15 PM
#
Hello all,

I just joined this board after running into it a few months ago. You all seem very knowledgable, nice and helpful. Anyway, hope you can help me.

I've used a J680 for about 3 years and just replaced it with a J720. Anyway, when I installed the J720 I decided to do a fresh install of Activesynch 3.8. but for some reason even though I checked the synchronized files feature it didn't install the synchronized files folder on the desktop or on the hard drive like it usually does. When I connect the J720 to the PC it only synchronizes the calendar and contacts. When I view the synchronization window the synchronized files feature states not active or disabled - to that effect. When I installed Activesynch 3.8 like 6 months ago, I didn't have this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a Windows issue on my PC?

By the way, the J720 came with a USB cable but I noticed that my PC at work would only recognie the J720 like 1 out of 30 times I tried it so I am going back to my old serial cable. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks a lot.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 9:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Greetings,

Okey dokey, lets have a think here.

When you resinstalled ActiveSync did you uninstall any Windows CE applications from the Windows Control Panel.

If not you should do that now.
Disconnect the H/PC
Exit outlook
Delete all the partnerships which are present on the system (AS file menu)
Then uninstall ActiveSync
Open up My Computer and go to c:\program files\
Delete the Microsoft ActiveSync folder - note that you may need your MS Office CD the next time you start Office up if you have it.
Browse into your My Documents folder and find the Sync Files folder which should be present in there. Rename it to something else.
Reboot, reinstall ActiveSync, recreate the partnership and see if that helps.

Are you running 3.8 on your work PC as well?
It is a common problem with ActiveSync to see sporadic USB connectivity.
 Top of the page
4fingersoffury
4fingersoffury Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 1:52 PM
#
C:Amie,

I've taken the steps that you suggested but it still does not create the synchronized folder on the desktop and so the J720 does not synch files. I've tried unsintalling and reinstalling several times. At this point I think I'm going to look at a third party program to synch files. Can anyone recommend a reliable program? Thanks.
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 11:42 AM
#
Did you ever solve your problem? I have the same problem. Thanks,
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Maybe a little reg manipulation shall do it
Navigate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners
you'll find one or more folders, one for each partner currently associated with AS. To find out which folder belongs to which device, open each folder, and you'll see several values, mainly DWORDs and STRINGS (REG_SZ). one of those strings is called: "DisplayName", and it's value is the name of the device associated (for example, mine are named Blinky2, Pinky, Inky2 and Clyde), which should be the same name that shows up in your HPC's "Communications Properties" control panel applet.

After you've located which one is the one you want, open the two subfolders: "Filters" and "Services", the later is the one that matters, open the sobfolder inside it, called "Synchronization". in that folder, you'll find som DWORD values and some STRINGS, search for the one called "Briefcase Path", change it's value to the directory you want to sync (for example, mine is called "c:\apuntes\sync".

Wash rinse and repeat for each device you'll like to change sync folder. then kill activesync (wcesmgr and wcescomm in Windows task manager), start it again and enjoy

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8