x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem With Cmonex Version 2 OS

1 2 3 4
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 4:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The common problem with the screen cable is that the screw that holds it in place gets loose. It's under a small cover on the bottom near one end of the battery. Can't hurt to check that out.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

See Rich's site (hpcnec.com). I seem to recall that it might have been 3 screws.

WRT to the ribbon issue: I suppose it depends on whether or not your one of those guys that calmly and in a zen-like way gently strokes the keys and taps the screen when things are falling apart. As for me, ... well, let's just say, it's a fight not to do a "percussive adjustment"...
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well hmasicence, it looks like you and I share a common trait and yet we don't have the same DNA!

Thanks!

Thanks Mr. CE Geeker - I'll look into this. I won't be the first time I've been accused of having a lose screw!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Uncle Ben - 2008-09-29 10:51 PM

Can you point me to a link,if there's one, that would show/describe how to check if the ribbon cable is properly plugged in? It's just strange however that the problem only showed its ugly face AFTER is did the flash and reflash ... And I'm not suggesting that the cable is NOT the problem, just making the observation that if the cable was at the root cause of these issues, one would think that I would have had them all along, no?

Hi Uncle Ben, I just described a problem I had with the display, that's not necessarily your case of course.
Anyway, 99% of screen calibration issues are due to the ribbon cable not properly plugged, and plugging that properly is easy. You just need to remove the two screws showed in the second picture here at Rich's site:

http://hpcnec.com/cgi-bin/hpcnec.cgi?fid=15&topic_id=1204570453

Then you need to follow the instructions at the picture #6

P.S.: You don't need to take apart all the device to unplug the ribbon cable, just remove those three screws!

Edited by Dan 2008-09-29 5:28 PM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks Dan, just what I was looking for.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey Uncle Ben..
you say:
when the 900 is allowed to go to sleep on its own, say after 2 min. of inactivity when no connected
- but do you actually close the screen lid? or not?
if your answer is "yes", then it is related to the bootloader and I probably have a fix for it (no need to flash anything, it's a simple fix).
if no, then probably not related.

does the calibration issue only occur if you have an alarm going off while the device is asleep and then it wakes up with bad touchscreen? if your answer to that is "no", and it occurs while you use the device, then it'll most probably be hardware issue. but if it is related to alarm, then you'll need full downgrade - on some 900's (not all of them, just some! weird) they have this problem with the new bootloader *and* with old OS.
full downgrade as i mentioned previously, involves reflashing the bootloader to hpc2000 bootloader. not really recommended most of the time though.

well, those two above are the two only cases that can be a problem after a partial downgrade.

as for software..
yeah, maybe softmaker changed policy, I really dont know. the key i have (legal, and all, for HPC 2006), works on any HPC I've tried it on. hardreset, etc no issue.

resco's backlight issue is a commonly known one. there is also a registry fix for it or you can patch resco itself to totally avoid the issue.

can you give a link to cash organizer?
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi CMONEX!

cmonex - 2008-09-29 9:01 PM

1- SNIP ..but do you actually close the screen lid? or not?...
Yes.

2- SNIP ... does the calibration issue only occur if you have an alarm going off while the device is asleep and then it wakes up with bad touchscreen? if your answer to that is "no", and it occurs while you use the device..

The latter, while I'm using the device.

3- SNIP resco's backlight issue is a commonly known one. there is also a registry fix for it or you can patch resco itself to totally avoid the issue.

Where can I get the registry fix?

4- can you give a link to cash organizer?

http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=download.html, look for the archived downloads.

On a scale of 1 (no chance) to 10 (very likely), what are the odds that I would end up here if I try this flash thing again:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11999&start=1&highlight=Photo+Picture&highlightmode=1

Again, thanks for your help.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 7:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

uh, that link has the description for jtag, jtag is only for cases if it won't even power on. I don't think you want to build a jtag cable... so what is your real intention? flash ce.net back? that would be here: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/download.php (just select bootloader 4.10 for the bootloader version)

as for closing the lid - I'll send a fix, but until then I suggest you press the power button to suspend the 900 before closing the lid...problem solved. (also ce.net will not have this problem)

the calibration does sound like a hw issue, but you can try flashing ce.net back to be 100% sure - but I 've never seen that problem after downgrade, so most likely hardware issue.

will look at cash organizer
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I think I'm getting somewhere here, CMONEX, finally! My previous attempts failed I think for a number of reasons - one being that I had AS 4.2 on my desktop (now using 3.8); another reason is that I was NOT doing a second hard reset after a successful flash, so I may have had some remnants of the previous install still hanging there.

Any way, to cut to the chase, so far, every single application is working A1. As for the soft resets and screen calibration issues, don't know for sure yet, I've been plugged in since 10 AM, but I'll let you know later today.

Now, I haven't yet installed Resco's Photo Viewer. If you have a chance to give me the registry fix, then Uncle Ben will the happiest guy ever!

Thanks again for your help ... I know you're not waiting for this for your next pound of bacon but as soon as I'm through with this, I will PP you!

Cheers!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

that is great news

resco: could you please send me the CAB of the exact version you want to install. (either a direct CAB link or email)
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There is no direct link to cab files. As Resco no longer supports the HPC platform, those cab files have disappeared from their web site. But I can email them to you if you PM me the email address you'd like me to use.

Tks!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 10:08 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks Dan!

Blame it on old age!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Eheh.. Actually from the main resco's download section ( http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/photoviewer/default.asp ), Photo Viewer for HPCs seems to be not available..so don't worry .

Anyway I'm interested too in getting such program to work on CR. I now PictPocket is faster to render images, but Photo Viewer's GUI is much nicer then the PictPocket one.

Edited by Dan 2008-10-01 10:58 AM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dan - 2008-10-01 10:52 AM

Eheh.. Actually from the main resco's download section ( http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/photoviewer/default.asp ), Photo Viewer for HPCs seems to be not available..so don't worry .

Anyway I'm interested too in getting such program to work on CR. I now PictPocket is faster to render images, but Photo Viewer's GUI is much nicer then the PictPocket one.

The original link you had to the Photo Viewer for WindowsCE had a download that worked for me. Anyway, I've uploaded the cabs to my site here just now to make things a little easier.

Edited by mscdex 2008-10-01 11:14 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9