x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem With Cmonex Version 2 OS

1 2 3 4
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

mscdex - 2008-10-01 5:13 PM

Dan - 2008-10-01 10:52 AM

Eheh.. Actually from the main resco's download section ( http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/photoviewer/default.asp ), Photo Viewer for HPCs seems to be not available..so don't worry .

Anyway I'm interested too in getting such program to work on CR. I now PictPocket is faster to render images, but Photo Viewer's GUI is much nicer then the PictPocket one.

The original link you had to the Photo Viewer for WindowsCE had a download that worked for me. Anyway, I've uploaded the cabs to my site here just now to make things a little easier.

Yes the first link provided works, I was just saying that if you go to the resco's download page (second link) there's no "Windows CE/HPC" option, only PPC, SP, Palm and Symbian.
For that reason, to find the link with the Photo Viewer for HPC, I had to do a google search.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

mscdex: When I saw Dan's post, that's exactly what I did, and it crashed my 900C! Now my 900C is a converted 900 - is this what your set up is too? If affirmative, then I am at a lost to understand what's going on. Here's what happens when I try to install this - it looks like the install script does its thing all the way through, then I get a screen where I select the graphic files that I want to use with the Viewer, click OK and then boom, I lose the screen. The Mobile Pro is still running in the background, but I can't see a darn thing. It doesn't matter how many soft-resets I do, it's gone.

Richard tried it and had the same result - he had to use SOTI Pocket Controller Professional - a program that lets you view on your computer what you see simultaneously on your handheld. You use your mouse on your desktop just as you would use the stylus on the touchscreen. He used it to open up the Control Panel on the MP900C, and then the display icon, tapped on the backlight tab; and bingo, Resco Picture Viewer and the screen were back to life again.

So if you could tell me what your set up is, that might be useful. Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 12:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do not worry... mscdex never had a 900c, he had some other ce.net tablet. this is a 900c specific problem, irrelevant of if it was a 900 or "true" 900c.

so, which CAB should I patch for you...? there are too many now =P
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 1:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Not sure which one the installation script installs and perhaps that's part of the problem. I see only two files that look as appropriate:

PicView_h.ARM.CAB

and PicView_h3.ARMv4.CAB (I think that's the one - what say you?)

Thanks!

Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Nice series of misunderstandings..LOL.

Cmonex you need to patch this one: http://www.resco.net/windowsce/photoviewer/default.asp
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 2:02 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Uncle Ben - 2008-10-01 12:08 PM

mscdex: When I saw Dan's post, that's exactly what I did, and it crashed my 900C! Now my 900C is a converted 900 - is this what your set up is too? If affirmative, then I am at a lost to understand what's going on. Here's what happens when I try to install this - it looks like the install script does its thing all the way through, then I get a screen where I select the graphic files that I want to use with the Viewer, click OK and then boom, I lose the screen. The Mobile Pro is still running in the background, but I can't see a darn thing. It doesn't matter how many soft-resets I do, it's gone.

Richard tried it and had the same result - he had to use SOTI Pocket Controller Professional - a program that lets you view on your computer what you see simultaneously on your handheld. You use your mouse on your desktop just as you would use the stylus on the touchscreen. He used it to open up the Control Panel on the MP900C, and then the display icon, tapped on the backlight tab; and bingo, Resco Picture Viewer and the screen were back to life again.

So if you could tell me what your set up is, that might be useful. Thanks!

I didn't do any testing since I no longer have a 900c or any CE devices anymore. I simply uploaded the cabs to my site so people could find them (better).

BTW - The CABs I uploaded are the ones from http://www.resco.net/windowsce/photoviewer/default.asp.

Edited by mscdex 2008-10-01 2:03 PM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 2:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

That was a little misleading, unintentionally I'm sure... No harm done, I had a fresh backup and was right back where I was in no time.

Cheers!
 Top of the page
macminer Page Icon Posted 2008-10-05 10:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

May I kindly remind that some time ago Cmonex suggested making a small app (run automatically after a reset) to bring the MP900 screen back from the dark age caused by RescoViewer?

I am still using Resco Photoviewer and it occasionally blanks out the screen, so either this small app or a patched version of Resco would be a lifesaver for me.
Currently, I have a workaround I have already mentioned before: a small .reg file which resets the registry values changed by Resco. What's really funny - I found out that when I click on this file (blind, because the screen is still blank), actually it gets imported into the registry by the other Resco app I have installed on my MP (which means: Resco Explorer). Still, it is a rather awkward way to restore my handheld to usable condition.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-07 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, I managed to forget about that too... I'll get back to both of you
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-08 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Elite

macminer - 2008-10-06 4:04 AM

May I kindly remind that some time ago Cmonex suggested making a small app (run automatically after a reset) to bring the MP900 screen back from the dark age caused by RescoViewer?

I am still using Resco Photoviewer and it occasionally blanks out the screen, so either this small app or a patched version of Resco would be a lifesaver for me.
Currently, I have a workaround I have already mentioned before: a small .reg file which resets the registry values changed by Resco. What's really funny - I found out that when I click on this file (blind, because the screen is still blank), actually it gets imported into the registry by the other Resco app I have installed on my MP (which means: Resco Explorer). Still, it is a rather awkward way to restore my handheld to usable condition.

Hi macminer, could you upload that .reg file? I tried myself to export and re-import the backlight reg entries with no luck, I guess PhotoViewer changes other reg entries too..

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-08 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Problem partially solved:

Just went here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight

edited:

"OldACTimeout"
"OldBatteryTimeout"

To:

"ACTimeout"
"BatteryTimeout"

and set 0 in both as value. Then installed PhotoViewer.

The program works, no more black screen (excluding the slidshow, but in that case too the screen goes back to work with a double tap on the screen..)

Just wondering, will changing "OldACTimeout" and "BatteryTimeout" to "ACTimeout" and "BatteryTimeout" cause any problem to the system?

Edited by Dan 2008-10-08 11:25 AM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-11 6:50 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Are you also using Resco Explorer - and if so, do all the icons show at the top are are all the ones on the right hand sie of the screen blank?
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-11 7:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes they are, I guess it has to do with the changes of the custom rom GUI..

About my previous post: the registry trick works, but when the mobilepro is connected to the AC adapter screen goes black again...I guess I need to set a value >0 in the BatteryTimeout..
 Top of the page
macminer Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Are you also using Resco Explorer - and if so, do all the icons show at the top are are all the ones on the right hand sie of the screen blank?

The icons on the right side are blank. Strange enough, they work when clicked (find files, archive files etc.). Do you have an idea what may be wrong with these icons?

Edited by macminer 2008-10-12 11:36 AM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Correct - all are functional, but empty squares.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13