x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem With Cmonex Version 2 OS

1 2 3 4
yobyeknom Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 10:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Dan - 2008-09-29 5:17 PM

Uncle Ben - 2008-09-29 10:51 PM

Can you point me to a link,if there's one, that would show/describe how to check if the ribbon cable is properly plugged in? It's just strange however that the problem only showed its ugly face AFTER is did the flash and reflash ... And I'm not suggesting that the cable is NOT the problem, just making the observation that if the cable was at the root cause of these issues, one would think that I would have had them all along, no?

Hi Uncle Ben, I just described a problem I had with the display, that's not necessarily your case of course.
Anyway, 99% of screen calibration issues are due to the ribbon cable not properly plugged, and plugging that properly is easy. You just need to remove the two screws showed in the second picture here at Rich's site:

http://hpcnec.com/cgi-bin/hpcnec.cgi?fid=15&topic_id=1204570453

Then you need to follow the instructions at the picture #6

P.S.: You don't need to take apart all the device to unplug the ribbon cable, just remove those three screws!

Hey Dan - thanks for the tip on the ribbon cable messing up the calibration. I was just about to sell my MP900 out of frustration due to having to constantly recalibrate the screen. I reseated the ribbon cable a few days ago and the screen has been behaving ever since. Before that I had to end up recalibrating several times a day if I was using it often. Thanks again!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 3:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

You are welcome
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan - 2008-10-11 1:23 PM
About my previous post: the registry trick works, but when the mobilepro is connected to the AC adapter screen goes black again...I guess I need to set a value >0 in the BatteryTimeout..

Here is how I solved the PhotoViewer issue:

1. Installed PhotoViewer
2. Went here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight using a reg editor and changed OldBatteryTimeout to BatteryTimeout and set 0 as value.
3. Soft reset
4. Opened PhotoViewer and associated files with it (AC adapter must be not coonected now)
5. Closed it
6. Went here again: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight and set 0 as value of ACTimeout (do not rename/delete/change value of the OldACTimeout)
7. Soft reset.

The slideshow bug is still there, but now you can use PhotoViewer while the AC adapter is connected

Edited by Dan 2008-10-23 9:56 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9