x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

multi memory to pcmcia adapter, will it works?

1 2
adol7
adol7 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 1:21 PM
#
Fujifilm DPC-AD FinePix PC Card Adapter
Reads Smartmedia & XD
Works fine with Jornada 620LX & 720.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 5:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks all. I have now updated the HCL with everything in this thread.
"Memory Storage Adapters"
 Top of the page
Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 4:43 AM
#
PCMCIA and 5in1 and PCMCIA to CF adapters(SD, MMC, SMartmedia ana MS, MS PRO) by Trancend also work well on a J720. Sometimes I get an error message when using a smartmedia card by Extrememory, but after a soft reset everything is in order.

http://www.edencomputer.co.nz/pi/279902.jpg

Sadly, the PCMCIA to CF adapter cannot accomondate microdrives. I tried a Hitachi 800 MB MD and it just did not fit inside...
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 6:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

PNY SD/MMC to CF Adapter works in both CF slot and PCMCIA slot with reader. Allows users with SD based digital cameras, etc to plug the SD/MMC into any Type I slot. This adapter is also exactly the same physical size as a CF card and won't stick out on devices with restricted/closed CF slots (such as the Jornada's)
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 2:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The sandisk 6 in 1 multi memory card reader will also works with ce2.11. I have a Jornada 820 for a week, and I've tested the card, and it works
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 2:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for the info, the HCL already had it flagged with 2.11 support, the confirmations always good to hear though.
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 5:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I use this:

http://store.yahoo.net/s168/pccapadforco.html

With a magicstor 2.2gb microdrive in my MP780 and MP880. (depending on which one I bring)

Also, Kingston 5gb PCMCIA hard drives work on either system. Good for storing and accessing large databases that take a considerable amount of pounding. Hardly healthy for a flash card.

Currently trying to get a PCMCIA to IDE adapter and a used 40gb notebook hard drive to work consistently. Requires an external 5v power supply and the exdrive hack.
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Can add the Archos 4 in 1 (SD/MMC/SM/MS) reader to the list of HPC/Pro (2.11) adapters.

http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500587.html

Worked fine on my MP780, in the CF or PC card slot (with PC card to CF adapter of course). Nice thing is that it's Type I CF, so it fits in my Type II PC card to Type I CF adapter card. I think the Archos device is just a rebranded version of the Xterasys CF reader, though.

http://www.xterasys.com/ca1040.htm

They sure look an awful lot alike.

EDIT: GAH! Forgot to mention that the reason I like it's being Type I instead of Type II CF is that I have a Pretec CompactSSFDC (Smartmedia to Type II CF) card that I sometimes used to copy stuff off Smartmedia cards. But it would only go in the CF slot on my MP780 (and not at all in my Jornada 548 PPC) because it's Type II and I don't have a Type II PC card to Type II CF adapter. But I guess you can add the Pretec card too.

Edited by btrimmer 2005-07-04 11:06 PM
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I've a device i'd like to add, but i do not know the brand and i've sold the device, so i can't plug it in and find it out.

This link is an ebay auction for the very same item i'm talking about. if anybody here could recognize it and tell what brand/model it is, then we'll have another H/PC Pro/2000 compatible device in the HCL.

i hope somebody knows it and could give more info
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

btw, Pretec CompactWLAN card has CE.NET 4.1 drivers ...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 6:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Matrixcore,

That particular adapter I believe is made my Synchrotech...and they are or used to be one of those OEM companies. I know that I saw one with a SanDisk label on it one time, but don't know who manufactured it for them if they didn't make them themselves. But you can still get the same thing from Datafab: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/insidecomputer/6ipcxdprpcca.html

Rich

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11