x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

multi memory to pcmcia adapter, will it works?

1 2
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 2:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Will a 6 in 1 PCMCIA memory adapter working on a CE3.0 machine without special drivers?? I've seen this card, and according me it is a 16 bit card. A cf-pcmcia card is working, but a xd/sm/sd/ms/mmc - pcmcia card like this one??
http://www.sandisk.com/retail/pca.asp
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It should do, It will just show up as a 'Storage Card' in 'My Handheld PC'. Well CF cards use the same standard as PCMCIA's but for the others i'm not sure.

Nick
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have a 4-in-one (must check on the actual number of cards supported), and it works just fine both for the CE3.0 and CE2.11 devices. I am using a transcend adapter card.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 3:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You lot are so mean. You never actually tell me these things to add to the hcl
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

ok, add this then too.

SANDISK PCMCIA>CF adapter works fine, no drivers required (NEC MP900)
Also, when I stick my Ambicom CF Wifi-B adapter in the directCF slot, or in above mentioned PCMCIA adapter, it works as well, with the drivers from the ambicom website.

Based on the use-ability of my pcmcia adapter, I sort of assume that other ones (multi) willwork without issues as well.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

PQI PCMCIA 4-in-1 Adapter works OK in HPC 2000 but not in CE 2.11 (at least with MMC cards). The PQI adapter is for MS/SM/MMC/SD cards.
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 1:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've read somewhere that a hpc only can read memorycards if it has drivers/dll's for every card. Is this true?? And if it's true, which drivers/dll's does CE3.0 standard have?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 3:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Any ATA storage card in a PCMCIA adapter will be detected as a ATA Flash card - the physical adapter does any conversion. CE will mount the ATA drive as necessary and can have at least 4 that I'm aware of... not sure what the max is.

Thanks for the hardware details, I'll have a think about where to put them and get them into the HCL.
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 7:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

They're not multi-card readers, but you might want to add these two to your list of PCMCIA adapters which work, at least under wince 2.11 and with both MIPS and SH3 processors:

Olympus MAPC-10 xD to PCMCIA
Macally PCM-CF CF to PCMCIA

BTW, I used the instructions in CESD H-0010 to lock in the names of my CF and SD cards, and it works great under wince pro, even thought the technical bulletin specifies only wince 2000. I haven't tried the xD card, since I use that only with my wife's camera, and haven't had any reason until now to use it with either of my handhelds. Now I know it works, maybe I'll stop carrying my lug-about on trips. I could at least look at pictures one or two at a time on my HPC, and maybe use it to transfer them to my more capacious (and less expensive) CF.

K
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 7:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

woodnboats,

Thank-you for the details, I wil strive to get them all added to the HCL as well.

You are correct that CESD-H-10 works with 2.11, I have repeadedly neglected to ammend that one. So let me go into admin and change that now.... done.

Many thanks.
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 7:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

you also can add the Sandisk ultra pc card adapter (cf to pcmcia) for Win CE2.0 (ericsson mc16) and CE3.0 (J720 and intermec 6651)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 8:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-05-24 5:07 AM

woodnboats,

Thank-you for the details, I wil strive to get them all added to the HCL as well.

You are correct that CESD-H-10 works with 2.11, I have repeadedly neglected to ammend that one. So let me go into admin and change that now.... done.

Many thanks.

C:Amie, how about having a little block on the frontpage highlighting when a new driver is added?

(I'll try to post this under the Suggestions thread)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 9:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

New Driver?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, this is not a PCMCIA adapter but...
I just bought an Eagletec SD/MMC to CF type II adapter and it works fine with the Smartbook running CE .NET 4.2
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 12:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I baught the card today, and I've tested it with SD and XD. Both cards are working. I think if it can reads XD, it should can reads everything.
I've tested the pcmcia card with a Intermec 6651 HPC2000. No drivers are requered
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.205 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13