x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wireless signal but no sites open

vietchristian Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 5:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Help! I have Jornada 720, Hitachi hpw-600etm, and Mainstreet Clio that cannot get onto my ATT DSL network with wep encryption using belkin wireless card f5d6020. I can get a signal on the utility, but no sites pull up. "site could not be found....verify and try again" message appears. Please help...thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 7:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Always a first question: Can you access non-WEP sites okay with the device? And I mean can you actually browse them using IE and wireless.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

BTW, only F5D6020 v1 works.
 Top of the page
vietchristian Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 12:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Do you mean can I access other non-wep networks? I haven't tried to access other wi-fi networks yet, just my own home network with WEP security. I hope I understand your question... THanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 12:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That was what I meant. Sometimes it's nice to know you can get on the internet period. At least that way you have ruled out that you have a hardware problem and can narrow the focus to maybe security issues... But CAuser might have answered the problem entirely if he is correct.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 11:36 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Most times you can go to the local library or other hot-spots to check non-encrypted wireless to see if that works, and then troubleshoot the WEP issues, as Rich is implying.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11