x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lets see if I explain this correctly

1 2
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-26 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Thanks for the suggestions..
Im still not having any luck... My original software is the only one I can get to find the gps... we may have different boards? does yours run ce .net 4.2 at 200mhz? because I know that they had two different versions.. a nav1 and a nav2... I'm thinking maybe I dont have the correct igo version... would you mind uploading your iGO.exe to sendspace.com or rapidshare.com so I can analyze it? maybe pm me a link?
I'm going to keep looking...
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-28 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I cant get any version of igo8 to work.. I got igo 2006 to run and set the gps to com 1 and 9600 but still did not find it..
Going to try and find some other versions to test...
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-28 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Definitely we've got different versions of everything... (software and hardware)
I've taken it apart and I haven't got any USB or audio connection inside, and mine is WinCE 5.0 I don't know which Navi version it is - 1 or 2. I think it is 2, but I can't find it.
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-28 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes so you do have the nav2... but you should still have a usb port...
If you look at the picture I took the card it on the very bottom of the unit.. it is underneath the whole unit.. it is a pain to get to.. you have to take off the bottom plate to get to it..
I think I may be out of luck... bummer... I wonder if I can get a nav2 board from Valor...
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, I understood your photograph, and I took the bottom cover out. Really difficult... but there isn't any connection. Maybe it is in some other place inside, but I am afraid I could break it if I go on taking it apart...
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction... I didn't think about the different versions not having a USB... So are you able to get tomtom working at least? There should be quite a bit of software that works still. But I think that the sound issue might need someone smarter than me to get a way to work it... It seems a though the navigation software is sending some kind of signal to the radio telling it when it wants to speak.. Are you able to see your registry? On mine there is a program that is called autoluncher.exe that I think is calling navireceive.exe and navigation.exe... I've emailed valor asking is I can upgrade to the nav2 unit... We will see what they say.
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 4:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My WinCE is well locked. The only think I remember seeing was the "desktop.ini" which was the only file in every folder.

When I tried to get in the registry, I could only change a few parameters (choosing 1 or 0) but I couldn't see working process or program. It was frustrating.

I haven't tried tomtom yet. I will, but I don't know when. Let me know if VALOR answers.

Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry to hear about the wince being locked.. Are you sure it is locked? my wince folders are empty except /Windows directory.. If it is, I imagine you could get around that with the correct mortscript setup putting files in place upon bootup...
My wince files get replaced upon every bootup, but my registry changes remain.
Anyhow, for me, no word from Valor yet...

Edited by mxtime 2008-09-30 4:54 PM
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-10-02 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-10-21 4:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No answer... They Valor is ignoring me..
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, I think they don't look after their customers. Before buying the device I asked them something about the use of it in Europe, and they didn't do anything to help. They answered three weeks later to say "sorry, we don't know..."
 Top of the page
flopshot Page Icon Posted 2009-03-24 6:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Did either of you guys get IGO8 fully functional (including GPS and sound) on your NVG670W? I have the DTS-660W and external NAV-2 unit, which combined is essentially what your unit is. I made one (feeble) attempt to load IGO8 and couldn't get anything started, so I'm back to the HorizonNav software that came on the NAV-2.

Thanks,
FlopShot
 Top of the page
mxtime
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2009-04-14 7:33 PM
#
No man, I gave up... never got it to work... jabt got it to work with the gps but not sound..
 Top of the page
enisbugra Page Icon Posted 2009-07-06 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I also couldnt manage to run IGO or Amigo. They all crash . But got Sygic Drive and Polnav to work without Audio. I wonder if we can take the audio out from GPS box and connect to a external speaker. ANyone can get the schedmatic of the GPS box or headunit ?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12