x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Remote Desktop question Jornada 680

1 2 3
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 4:14 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I already have a pcmcia Card and would like to use this to remotely connect to my Desktop pc via my Jornada 680.I called DLink and asked how I can load the drivers for the pcm card into the 680 and was told that DLink does not support windows CE [3.0] so I would like to ask here if it can be done and if so, how please? Th

Edited by mikehende 2005-05-22 4:16 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello! =) you remember me from ppcmag?

please give us some more specific information about your card! what type/model/etc? you can look at the HCL too for drivers: hpcfactor.com/hcl
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 5:28 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, yes, I absolutely I remember you, it was your link that brought me here, I also made a new post concerning something else in that thread in pcmag [please have alook whenever you get the time, thanks]. I posted this same thread in that forum too, anyway, back to the task at hand
I have a DLink AirPlus "G" DWL-G630 pcmcia card, called them up and they said they don't support Windows CE, can I use this card or do I have to buy a "Compact Flash Card"?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi There,

Most 'G' cards are cardbus, does the PCMCIA card have a Gold strip at the connection end?

Nick
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 5:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yes, it does Nick.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mikehende - 2005-05-22 11:28 PM

Hi, yes, I absolutely I remember you, it was your link that brought me here, I also made a new post concerning something else in that thread in pcmag [please have alook whenever you get the time, thanks]. I posted this same thread in that forum too, anyway, back to the task at hand
I have a DLink AirPlus "G" DWL-G630 pcmcia card, called them up and they said they don't support Windows CE, can I use this card or do I have to buy a "Compact Flash Card"?

i already replied to you there about the battery question
and the other question has been answered too, by someone else

dwl-630? oh its a cardbus and wont work. you need a 16 bit pcmcia card (not cardbus) or a CF one. look in the HCL for info about which ones are compatible!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh and search the forums here too about wifi/wlan and jornada 680/680e
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 6:23 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

ok, just found out I also have a "Netgear 16-bit MA401" PCMCIA CARD and I know where to get the driver for it

http://cewindows.net/faqs/wl100driver.htm

What I need to know is how to get the driver into the Jornada or what's my next step please?

Edited by mikehende 2005-05-22 6:23 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

install ActiveSync 3.8 for the PC for synching and installing programs & drivers
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 8:08 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I did this aerlier today and tried to copy the Netgear driver by synching, I think it worked but what I need/would like is if you could give me the exact steps you followed when you did your remote desktop? I think this will be the fastest way.

Edited by mikehende 2005-05-22 8:09 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 8:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MA401:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0020.asp

Remote Desktop:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0065.asp

HCL:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

Not your day really.

If you're going to post the same question onto different boards, please ensure that all the pertinent info is copied over, as I can't help but feel were missing something from this... like your original question.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 10:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I've had a very long day and will go to sleep now and will continue with this tomorow, ok, we got the Netgear card to to browse the net, next step is to get the Remote Desktop going [get the Jornada to see my desktop], I've already got the Active sync working on the desktop pc so I am going to download the TSC into the Jornada now, what would be my immediate steps after please or my next series of steps? Thanks.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 8:00 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Back on the ball since 6am and could not get very far, first of all, we see 2 downloads on this page, top right corner:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0066.asp

so we downloaded both into the Jornada but only tried to run/install the first which is the HPCPRO RDP Client Microsoft 1.01mb and we get this error message

hpcrdp.exe
Cannot find "hpcrdp" [or one of it's components]. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

We don't know if the second file we donwloaded, the
HPC2K TS Update has anything to do with this so we did not try to run/install it. So we are stuck here, any ideas anyone?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 9:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why have you downloaded the HPC2000 update, have you read CESD-S-0066?

The HPC2000 update is for HPC2000 devices. Sounds to me like you've installed this instead of the TSC file.

You need to run the 1.01MB installer from the Host PC, and not on the H/PC
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 9:39 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Pardon me if I don't seem to be following everything clearly here, I already have a headache trying to follow evryone's intructions and reading the documents that comes with these programs, the more I dig into it the more confused I get. Getting back to your reply, like I said we only downloaded the update into the Jornada but never touched it, we only did this becuase it was unclear to us if needed it or not so I can simply delete it as it hasn't been touched.

Regarding the other file, we tried and tried to run it from the Host pc earlier this morning but the damned Jornada kept on shutting off by itself every minute or so and we don't know why. I checked the options for "suspend while idle" and 5 minutes is the max so this still doesn't explain why it would shut down or "suspend" after every minute or so and this is only happening when we attempt to run the installer on the host pc. I will go now and bring the rest of my topics form the Jornada forum here to see if anyone can help becuase it is apparent that I have to take care of those minor issues before I can be successfull with this project, please have a look at those threads to see if you can help but after reading this, tell me if there's anything I can do, thanks.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.235 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10