x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Remote Desktop question Jornada 680

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-05-23 11:08 PM

a-men

Windows Key + L all the way

yes, my fav key combination
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 8:27 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

C:Amie - 2005-05-23 4:33 PM

Are you using 802.11a, b or g?

VNC may be your better option. With RDP, it means that when you are logged into the system, no one else can use it without logging you out again. Where as VNC means that other people can still use it and you effectivly watch.

Give the VNC 3.3.7 server / 3.3.2 client that I suggested above a try (review: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=68 ) before you look to make any infrastructure changes to your Network. You may find it acceptable.

Don't forget to set the client up to restrict the protocol stream as much as possible.

I am using 802.11b, I was just tols that there is a new version of VNC called "Ultra" vnc, I will take your advice and will give the vnc a try again before moving on to something else, The Jornada's processor is a lot faster than the BE300 which I ha tried years ago so I will see how much latency there will be now, if it's too much, I will switch to something else, is there a "step by step" anywhere for installing and using the vnc? It's been so lond I can't remember the details.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 7:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Mike, both the links in my previous posts were step by step walkthroughs for using VNC....

We still recommend you use RealVNC 3.3.7, but you're welcome to try UltraVNC.

EDIT: 2000th Post
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 9:44 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Deeply appreciate the help guys but I am having way too many problems with all of this, tried the VNC 3.7 late last night, couldn't get it to work, tried joining the Ultra vnc forum for help with that version, can't even get an activation email as of yet so I can't join that forum for help. My wife came across this last night,

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16879

so instead of troubling you guys here any everyone else with the vnc project
I am going to try their demo, if it works "efficiently", I will prefer to pay for that as I will be getting "live" Tech help from them, if it doesn't only then will I resort back to vnc, will keep you guys posted on how things goes with the pocketgear software. In the meantime, please look out for my other posts in other threads regarding the problems I am having with the Jornada, thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-05-24 1:17 PM

Mike, both the links in my previous posts were step by step walkthroughs for using VNC....

We still recommend you use RealVNC 3.3.7, but you're welcome to try UltraVNC.

EDIT: 2000th Post

ultravnc won't work with the realvnc client for hpc i know it from experience. the client won't even work with a newer version of realvnc by default (only if you switch to 3.x mode). :no comment:
ultravnc is a nice program though..

Edited by cmonex 2005-05-24 3:22 PM
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 3:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well guys, after playing around with the pocketgear software mentioned above, I must say that I am VERY impressed with it, there is hardly any latency, maybe just a split-second. Setup was a breeze like they advertise and if it's a breeze for "me' then anyone can do this easily. I know it costs money when VNC is fre but it's well worth it, I highly recommend it. Also, their Tech support by email is very fast and to the point.

So all is working very well right now with the Jornada and this software, want to to say thanks a lot to ALL of you guys for going all out trying to help and especialy you Cmonex for leading me to this forum and having been there from the start. I will be posting questions here whenever I need help as I get more familiar with my Jornada so you guys take it easy and stay tuned, many thanks, Mike!!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad it worked for you in the end!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 26