x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 790

aduana
aduana Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 9:55 PM
#
Anyone still willing to talk about this old workhorse? I have a couple of questions for the 790 gurus.

First, hard reset button. Per my manual, the hard reset button is reached by removing the main battery and it should be on the back wall of the left side of the battery compartment. In my 790 there is just a blank plastic wall. There are no buttons of any kind in that compartment, and no holes where a button should be. The soft reset button is on the bottom of the machine where it ought to be. Do I have a maverick unit?

When I needed to do a hard reset and no button, the only solution I could come up with was to unplug it, take out the main battery and wait until the backup battery discharged. Then I could start from scratch. Which leads to my next question: is the backup battery user replaceable in that unit? I see the 900/900C has an easily accesible CR2032--I have a 900C. Can't find any reference about the 790.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, what is HPC Netprofile by Phatware? I seem to have deleted that.

Regards,
Ron
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well, I can answer the last question. HPC NetProfile lets you save various TCP/IP configurations and such into profiles. You can then load these saved profiles whenever you need to, instead of having to manually change your TCP/IP settings every time. Comes in handy when you travel to various networks where different configurations are needed (e.g. static IP at home and dynamic IP at school/work, etc).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 1:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The hard reset button is a small rectangular button to the left of the contact points where the main battery connects to the 790.
 Top of the page
RazorGator Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can anyone tell me how to disassemble a 900c in order to fix the battery switch?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Go here and at the bottom of the page....

http://webpages.charter.net/hpcnec/mp900.htm

Top of the page
RazorGator Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Excellent! Thanks Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12