x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IBM z50 internet with cradle and Yahoo! Messenger for Windows CE

LordAbal
LordAbal Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 7:18 PM
#
Hi,

I connected my IBM WorkPad z50 to the internet through the cradle following CESD-C-0018 - working perfectly - but haven't been able to use Yahoo! Messenger for
Windows CE - which i configured to connect through the proxy (AnalogX).

When i try to connect, it sais "connecting" for a looong time.

What's the problem? Do I have to get a better proxy server or it can't work? Do I have to wait a longer period of time for it to connect?

Is there a Java enabled browser (or, for that matter, another browser besides Pocket IE) for CE 2.11? I saw a site that described how to make Sun's HotJava Browser work on a z50 but haven't been able to do that.

Thanks,
LordAbal
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Messenger for Windows CE is not that good. Have you tried WAP messenger?
It is not as fancy though. http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/
messenger works though.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-22 8:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

AnalogX Proxy is a HTTP Proxy server, you would need a Socks (probably v5) proxy for it to work correctly.
 Top of the page
LordAbal
LordAbal Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 6:36 AM
#
First of all, thanx for the input.

I tried the wap messenger, but it doesn't work - i think because it requires a Java enabled browser and Pocket Internet Explorer 3.0 isn't (i think). That's why i asked about the HotJava browser or any other internet browser besides PIE for Win CE 2.11 (is there another internet browser?!?).

I thought about the AnalogX problem also, but Yahoo! Messenger for Windows 98/XP/etc. works fine with AnalogX - i figure that the one for Win CE uses the same technology as the one for Win 98/XP/etc.

Can you tell me where can i get a socks 5 FREE proxy, or what's the name of the most reliable socks 5 proxy (FREE/NOT FREE)?

Thanx again for the input.

Marius
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 7:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, interesting. I do not know about YIM, so forgive me if it does use port 80 to serve requests.

I was under the impression that the CE YIM clients were dead applications. Yahoo and MSN had server lockdowns and killed off older, unsecured clients.

There are no browsers for 2.11 (that are better than PIE anyway). PIE is JS enabled - with a limited subset. It is not JAVA enabled.
 Top of the page
LordAbal Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Me again

I managed to download off the internet Sun's Personal Java for Windows CE 2.11 - i searched a bit 'cause it cannot be downloaded from Sun's website, having reached it's "end of life".

From what i can figure, it [Sun's Personal Java ] doesn't install a plugin that would Java enable PIE. Can i Java enable PIE?

I also believe that accessing yahoo messenger from yahoo's wap page needs a java enabled browser. Am I wrong?

Thanx,
Marius
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i read somewhere that pjava won't integrate into IE.
on the jornada 7xx, chaivm will, but it's really no use, i've never seen it in action so that leaves jeode jvm or netfront, but strictly for hpc2000 or above.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 29