x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Forcing full html on win ce .net 4.2

Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2008-09-26 11:56 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Is there a regedit or something that I can do on a netbook pro in order to force the sites I visit to load the full html versions? So many think I'm viewing on a mobile phone and give me a crappy 'simple' version when the netbook could easily handle the full version! e.g., googlemail.

Cheers

JT
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-26 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, my 900c roms have it built in.

it's a registry edit:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
under this:

"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT)"

also,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
"UA-Language"="JavaScript"
"Platform"="Windows NT"
"Version"="MSIE 6.0"
"Compatible"="compatible"
"Default"="Mozilla/4.0"

Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2008-09-26 5:30 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Great! Thanks!

JT
 Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 9:42 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Now sounds a stupid question, but can anyone tell me the defaults for the above so i can restore the registry? (without hard resetting).

Is there a similar hack for opera 8.65 to enable full html?

JT
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 11:08 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Opera 8.65 has an option built-in in its settings window for "Desktop Mode."
 Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 12:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hmm... annoyingly the settings window is unreadable as it is too small? (What I mean is the settings window instead of appearing at whatever size it is supposed to, appears about the size of a postage stamp on the screen so you cant see any of its contents and I cant work out how to resize it.)

Any ideas? (Redgear is running...)

Edited by Mr.JT 2009-05-07 12:28 PM
 Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 1:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

well I've found you can edit all the options manually by opening the opera.ini file in the application data folder/opera. UA mode seems to toggle between full desktop and mobile by changing the value from 0 to 1. Still wont work properly with exchange webmail!
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 1:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The settings windows is a known issue (for Opera and other software as well). I use WinWatch to resize the Opera settings window and make my changes.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-07 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What do you mean by "properly" with Exchange webmail? I've gotten Opera 8.65 to work with Outlook Web Access Lite. The full version only works with Microsoft's internet products... They claim it's too much work to support other browsers.

The issue with the settings window regressed from RedGear v0.9 to v1.0. I aim for it to be resolved in future versions.
 Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 10:35 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I think my company uses the full exchange webmail version. Basically running in opera mobile mode gives a very basic interface (like if you loaded the page in safari on a mac) and for some reason the 'send' button doesnt function?! (it does on a mac)

If I put Opera in desktop mode, it starts opening the frames as they would appear on a desktop computer running IE but doesnt fill them (ie., the frames are there but no icons for inbox etc so I cant see mail. )

I'm not sure there is anything I can do really, but I could probably take some screen grabs if anyone was interested/thought it would help.

JT
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 2:31 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

For what it's worth, I've had better luck using ftxBrowser to access my company's Exchange webmail. Opera keeps giving me cookie errors and I haven't got past that yet.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11