x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 "suspend" question

mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 9:52 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Right now, my Jornada shuts off every 3 minutes when not in use, I checked the Power options and I see that the max I can set it for is just 5 minutes, what can I do to stop this "suspend" function in the "Power properties"?

I have to take care of this becuase what happens when I have a remote desktop setup going? Will I have to re-establish a connection everytime I am ready to use it? Help?

Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Mike

Unless I'm mistaken, the suspend setting only works when the 680 is on battery power. Therfore if you use an AC adapter when you have a remote desktop setup going, then your jornada will not shut off, unless you shut it off.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 10:26 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well this is exactly where my problem comes into play here John as I bought this Jornada to remotely control my Desktop from a distacne where I won't have AC power so that is why I am realizing now that if I can't do anything about the Suspend function then I will have to re-establish a connection everytime I use it.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

The 680 should only suspend if there is no activity happening on the H/PC. Have you tried to see what happens when you have a remote desktop setup going?
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 10:55 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

That's just the thing John, as we speak I am desperately trying to get the remote desktop going and have been at it since yesterday morning.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

either you can entirely disable suspending in the registry or if you have an active wifi connection the jornada will know it and will only shut the display off. so no need to worry!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

mikehende - 2005-05-23 4:55 PM

That's just the thing John, as we speak I am desperately trying to get the remote desktop going and have been at it since yesterday morning.

didn't katayama's idea on ppcmag help?
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-23 11:46 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2005-05-23 11:11 AM

either you can entirely disable suspending in the registry or if you have an active wifi connection the jornada will know it and will only shut the display off. so no need to worry!

Great, that's one major issue out of the way, thanks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11