x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Handheld PC 2.0 SDK Code

1 2
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 3:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Is there anywhere i can learn the Handheld PC 2.0 SDK code? I search on google and there is nothing there. Even the Help Topics that came with it didn't help me.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 4:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you mean you want a c++ book?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-03 3:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

What i mean is something (particularly a book) to help me learn the Handheld PC 2.0 SDK code. I want to start programming for the handheld pc to help bring life to my Ericsson MC16.
If i can't, i would love a multi-audio player (an audio player which runs more then one audio format). I would also enjoy the same with a video player (running more then one format!).

Thanks for replying.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 5:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Instead of getting yourself a book, it's much more faster and better to be able to use a few sample programs, and edit it to your own liking. It saves money, and real experience gets to you.

Windows Ce 2 Programming for Dummies might be wortha shot.

-stingraze
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The thing is that the help section doesn't provide any code learning support anywhere. The user downloads it to program applications for the Handheld PC, then if you don't learn the code, you can't.
Maybe it's the tight support for the Handheld PC throughout. Microsoft didn't have time to create such a 'thing'.
If i was after a book for how to learn the code, then i would be better going off to mininova.org. It's full of torrents to download for free, unbelieveable when they would cost if you were selling them for real life ...
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 12:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Patlap - 2008-10-03 9:39 AM

What i mean is something (particularly a book) to help me learn the Handheld PC 2.0 SDK code. I want to start programming for the handheld pc to help bring life to my Ericsson MC16.
If i can't, i would love a multi-audio player (an audio player which runs more then one audio format). I would also enjoy the same with a video player (running more then one format!).

Thanks for replying.

sounds like you need to start learning the programming *language* first. in this case that would be C++. or maybe VB? (don't remember if CE 2.0 has EVB available for it.)
there is no "can" or "can't"... if you really want to, get some C++ books and then Boling's windows ce programming book

do you have any experience wiht programming languages atm?

Edited by cmonex 2008-10-14 7:20 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 2:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2008-10-14 4:18 PM
(don't remember if CE 2.0 has EVB available for it.)

My programming knowledge is pretty limited too, but I'd assume that programming in VB for CE 2.0 has to be pretty limited since the runtime library is much more limited than (and different from) for CE 2.11 and above.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 3:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes I do. I only know a few commands for Visual Basic (I own Visual Basic.net). I have not learnt any of the Handheld PC 2.0 SDK code at all.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 5:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

sounds like you need to start learning the programming *language* first. in this case that would be C++. or maybe VB? (don't remember if CE 2.0 has EVB available for it.)
there is no "can" or "can't"... if you really want to, get some C++ books and then Boling's windows ce programming book

do you have any experience wiht programming languages atm?

I think VB6.0 has support for CE2.0. As for 2.11 and above, it is supported by eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 available for download through hpcfactor.

Edited by stingraze 2008-10-15 5:40 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 6:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, the VB 6 toolkit does support CE 2.0.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

OK, but does the code that comes in VB 6 to program Handheld PC programs the same as the one in Handheld PC 2.0 SDK?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I think you'll find that evb pretty much limits you too much to create anything worthwhile. IMHO it's worth learning C/C++ and then using one of the previously mentioned books as a guide to learning the windows ce specifics.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-16 3:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, lets start from the top. Is Handheld PC 2.0 SDK something you use in Visual Basic, or is it a fresh developing program itself?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-11 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

How do I START building applications for the Handheld PC? I have downloaded the SDK for CE 2.0, now I want to make use of it and learn the language to start developing.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.273 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 29