x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

upgrading pocket excel or word in the nec 880?

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2008-10-11 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Can it be done? My NEC 880 is still the way it came. I wish, when formatting cells I could have more colors to choose from or even various kinds of hashing. Also, in Word it would be nice to be able to do a table or columns. Any chance?

Is there an HPC the same size as the NEC 880 with the latest version of ce? and a built in usb host? but a nicer screen? That would be sweet! I have two new batteries now and find that I get about 10 hours of use between charges...nice keyboard.

Edited by pengyou 2008-10-11 9:22 PM
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 2:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

There is no newer version of PocketOffice that it's in H/PC 2000 and AFAIK there wasn't big difference between CE 2.11 and 3.0 versions.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 7:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Pengyou, if you want a lot more features in your spreadsheet and word processor, then why not go with a more powerful program.

SpreadCE will give you all those options and more as will PTab Spreadsheet. And Textmaker will do the same for the word processing...

Rich
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I was going to suggest SpreadCE (looks good, its shareware, and still available) and Textmaker.

BUT, is the MIPS 2.11 version of Textmaker still available? The publisher's (Softmaker) website makes reference to "old software" that is for Xscale and StrongARM processors.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 10:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

From the Softmaker forums on how to order the older MIPS Textmaker 2002:

Please place a regular order for the Windows CE version. As soon as you received the download instructions, please send an email to the sales team (sales (at) softmaker.de) and refer to this thread (and my name Tobias-L). They will change your order and send you the download instruction for the old version with MIPS support.

So I would assume it is still possible...evidently from what I read, coding for the MIPS processor was such a pain in the ___ that they decided to stop their efforts as all the various MIPS processors each compiled and handled info differently. I can't say that I blame them any...

But if you are seriously interested, send an email to Tobias and ask if you can still get it...I know it works really well on my Mobilepros.

BTW, HPCFactor has a nice writeup on SpreadCE HERE where you can see the colors.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-10-12 10:41 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 5:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich, are you sure the MIPS version of Textmaker 2002 is written for CE 2.11? My guess is that it's for H/PC 2000 (CE 3).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-12 7:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Now I have to check again...it has been so long since I used it on a MIPS Mobilepro....
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 2:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

woooahhhh...the softmaker software is a bit pricey! Is there a cheaper option for a wp for the nec? is there a dll that I can slip into the nec so that it will have more color options for formatting cells?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 4:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Textmaker is the only word processor for CE devices that has all the features of desktop Word. SoftMaker was selling the 2002 Pocket PC version at a discounted price (15 USD) on eBay some months ago, but of course that requires CE 3 or higher.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 8:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

BTW, I just loaded Textmaker 2002 onto my Mobilepro 800, old HPC Pro MIPS CE 2.11 machine, and while it took about 5 minutes to load it out there using Activesync via a USB adapter, once loaded...it ran fine.

But that was a good question CEGeek...because I had the 790 ROM chip in my 880, and it was CE 3.0, but CE 2.11 works as well just fine.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-10-13 8:52 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11