x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Android on older ARM devices?

newbornlife Page Icon Posted 2008-10-22 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all,

i am not much into programing and developing, but i was reading in the android's specs that can be used with ARM V5T devices and NEC 900C belongs among them, so does anyone thinks that Android could be used on NEC 900c ?
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hmmmm that would be a very interesting idea the only problem I would see is all the drivers..... If there is anything else or I am completely wrong just tell me.... I haven't been able to post for a while so I may just be having a brain fart >_>
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2008-11-18 1:29 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Android runs the Linux kernel just like any distribution, with some added drivers and customizations to optimize use on a phone platform. It's been a while since I've looked into the development on the 900C, but if it finally has working drivers than Android would be a standard port job over (and considering that they are both ARM platforms, not much would be necessary -- Debian arm has already been run on the G1). The only major difference between Android and other distributions is its graphical java interface. Frankly, it lags on my 500+mhz phone with 192mb ram and a 3D accelerator.. probably wouldn't run too well on a dated machine.
 Top of the page
newbornlife Page Icon Posted 2009-01-02 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well in any case it runs on the Asus netbooks so i am still hoping

http://gizmodo.com/5122147/android-on-an-eee-pc

Happy new year to you all
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26