x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Psion Netbook Pro Batteries

DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My Netbook Pro had become a paperweight due to a dead battery, and no replacement in sight. Fortuitously, an EBAY search on the word 'netbook' revealed at least two battery sale entries included in the 150 or so results. I bought a couple of batteries (still several left) and a cheap $110 unit as well for use as an external charger/backup.

Regards, Don

Top of the page
two_karat
two_karat Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 3:46 PM
#
Don

You can still get Netbook Pro batteries and some accessories directly from Psion Teklogix. You can use a credit card. The phone number there is 800-835-5644.
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

two_karat - 2008-10-23 4:46 PM

Don

You can still get Netbook Pro batteries and some accessories directly from Psion Teklogix. You can use a credit card. The phone number there is 800-835-5644.

Do you happen to have any past battery price information? I called the number, but didn't want to start a new game of telephone tag.

When I previously tried to follow a website contact, maybe six months ago, it took me to South Africa and no batteries were indicated to be available.

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 5:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the heads-up, Don. I see another vendor with a battery with a starting bid of $10 - with any luck it'll go for even less than the ones you mention.

Boy, the Netbook Pro has sure dropped in price the past several months. I had thought that the $80 price for mine was just a lucky break - now it's nothing special.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Actually a lot still go for about $160. I got up at 4am this morning to bid on one.. couldn't wait so I placed my bid about 30 secs before the auction end. The bid was $100... in the last few seconds I was overbid at $102 with no more time to bid again. So it got away for a lousy $2 more... I want my bloody netbook!

SainT
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 4:58 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Half-Saint - 2008-10-24 3:13 AM

Actually a lot still go for about $160. I got up at 4am this morning to bid on one.. couldn't wait so I placed my bid about 30 secs before the auction end. The bid was $100... in the last few seconds I was overbid at $102 with no more time to bid again. So it got away for a lousy $2 more... I want my bloody netbook!

SainT

It seems more likely that you were the second high bidder, but that you have no way of knowing what the winner's bid actually was. He presumably would have been shown with a winning bid of $102 even if his actual bid was $500, possibly entered days before. (ebay auto bid)

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
TWO_KARAT
TWO_KARAT Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 11:04 AM
#
Don

If you call 800-835-5644 this is in the US matter of fact in Northern KY not too far from the Gtr Cinti airport. Press 0 for the operator and tell them what state you are in. She will forward you the the inside sales rep for that territory. The battery information is below. This is good information since I have access to it.

NB3000 ACCESSORY BATTERY PACK ASSY NETBOOK PRO $165 with 25% $123.75.
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

DonL0001 - 2008-10-23 3:08 PM

My Netbook Pro had become a paperweight due to a dead battery, and no replacement in sight. Fortuitously, an EBAY search on the word 'netbook' revealed at least two battery sale entries included in the 150 or so results. I bought a couple of batteries (still several left) and a cheap $110 unit as well for use as an external charger/backup.

Regards, Don

Well, having received the batteries, but not yet the 2nd NBPRO, the paperweight is looking better and better.

The typical battery life seems to be a discharge to 50% in less than 10 minutes with an indicated discharge curent of about 300ma.

However, I suspect the unit itself may be the problem. Unless my memory is mistaken, the externally visible power/charging LED should display orange if the battery is not fully charged and the AC adapter is connected, and should switch to green as the battery approaches full charge. Can anyone verify this?

In any case, only green is seen even with a nearly dead battery. I suspect that some isolating diode has shorted out and drains the battery excessively with a high unmeasured current.

Thanks, Don

Top of the page
Cliomagic Page Icon Posted 2009-09-23 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I hope this isn't too much of a bump, but I fear my Netbook Pro might have fallen victim to the same problems as these above; it's not starting booting after soft or hard resets, and when plugged in, only the green LED lights up. Short of buying a new battery, is there anything I can do to wake it up?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Cliomagic - 2009-09-23 5:19 PM

I hope this isn't too much of a bump, but I fear my Netbook Pro might have fallen victim to the same problems as these above; it's not starting booting after soft or hard resets, and when plugged in, only the green LED lights up. Short of buying a new battery, is there anything I can do to wake it up?

I am reading this thread only now while searching for something, but if it could be of any help I had the same problem.

Reason:

The mobile lock of the batterty has inside a plastic pin that push a switch inside the Netbook and activate the battery circuit.
The issue is most probabily due to plastic pin break so nothing that push the switch.

Solution:

You maybe didn't notice it has broken but if you have it with some glue you can attach it again or rebuild another one to have battery work again.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11