x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Jornada 720 Syncronisation

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-25 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have owned my Jornada 720 for now a day, and already i have had a few problems with communicating it with my XP laptop.
I am running the recommended ActiveSync 3.8 as it supports most hpc's. Sadly when my Jornada detects my laptop in a few seconds it displays this error message:

'Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote Networking could not start due to a critical error (Error 678).

Please reconnect your device. If the problem persists. restart your device using the instructions provided by the manufacturer.'

I have tried reseting my hpc, i have tried running the 'Get Connected' program and still it will not respond even with a result for usb (as i am using usb in this particular syncronisation), 'USB is available'. I do not understand.

On the first few attempts on syncronisation it worked a few times, apart from one pin in the docking station which was always collapsing and i had to pull it back up again. Some attempts have been fine. I just want to stop syncronisation with a handheld pc and Windows XP being so tempremental.

Thanks for the replies.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-10-25 5:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try changing the USB port on the PC and go for it again.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-25 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Also if you have a wireless card in your 720 and you already have already activesync'ed it at least once to the desktop, you can sync over the network if you want. I used to do it that way just because it was a lot more convenient than having to put the device in the dock and using the direct cable to sync.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried that. It didn't work.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 2:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Patlap - 2008-10-25 9:11 PM

On the first few attempts on syncronisation it worked a few times, apart from one pin in the docking station which was always collapsing and i had to pull it back up again. Some attempts have been fine. I just want to stop syncronisation with a handheld pc and Windows XP being so tempremental.

then you answered your own question - the docking station is not in such a good condition
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 2:45 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Patlap - 2008-10-26 7:16 AM

I tried that. It didn't work.

look in support articles for troubleshooting, you might need to enter an IP address in registry

and i assume you made a partnership already over usb
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Well actually the docking station didn't do all the problems itself. I now know how to insert the 720 into the docking station. Line it up and then gently press it down into place.

I don't have anymore problems. Don't worry, you don't need to reply to this thread again.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11