x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

? about PC Ram.

1 2 3 4
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-05-26 7:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CPU? Not yet.
Video Card? Not yet.
Sound Card? Not yet.
Case? Supposed to ship out on 6/2.
3rd Ram chip? Not yet.
Modem? Not yet.
HD? Possibly using an SATA 150. Not sure.
I'll be getting the fans after I get the case. Not sure what size and how many will fit.

Like I said. I am on a Budget. I'll probably be finishing it late Summer or early Fall. Financial reasons. Was out of work 3 weeks. No Unemployment check. Just started a new job. Possibly getting a promotion to an 2ND Assistant Manager. Only been with the company about a week. Advance Auto Parts. My position (As of now) is Retail Parts Pro. But I have Keys to the store, Safe and Register codes. And I will be getting a code for the alarm. Left me incharge lastnight to close the store for the first time.

Thank you for the Praise of my system plans. Would you belive I Never went to school for any of this. Learned on my own. Never built an AMD before. This will be the First. Thats why I asked the Question about the Ram.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 6:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Boy do I feel like an Idiot. I was bored today. Looking at the 2 coolers I had. The ones I Cant return. The used ones. Had an inspiration. I noticed that the coolers were narrower at the bottom and wider at the top. So I took a pair of pliers and adjusted them. Now I have more room. All this after I sent the new units back.
Now the Question is this. Should I buy the ram chip Now at $115 from Crucial Memory. Or should I wait to see if the price drops anymore? Earlier this year, I belive they went for about $150 or $170. Cant remember exactly.
Chris

Edited by ESCAPEMAX 2005-05-28 6:51 PM
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 10:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just went over to CompUSA. Got me an Antec Hard Drive cooler. The one with the green digital display. Reads HD and Case Temps in Farenheit or Celsius. Plugged it into my current pc to check the noise. Seemed pretty quiet. I dont know what people are complaining about? Also has a 3 year warranty and only cost $30.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 10:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just ordered the Ram chip from Crucial. Yes it was a little more expensive. But they have always treated me well. I made a mistake once and ordered the wrong speed ram. The gave me a Full Cedit towards the correct speed. And even paid to send it back. All I had to do was Refuse the package. My new ram will be here tommorow.
Now on to SATA Hd's. I need some Expert recomendations here please. I saw a WD740GD 10,000 rpm SATA 150 drive. I see some listed as Raid. The system is for Gaming. I do want to leave the option open for a Second HD. Samsung has some new drives which were rated pretty good on Toms Hardware Guide. SpinPoint HP120 (I think it was)
Thanks all.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 10:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Now my plans are Thwarted. The CasEdge case has been Back Ordered yet again. Now they tell me maybe 6/14. So I just Cancelled the order. I did check on several Search Engines. PriceWatch, BizRate, Price Grabber. Nobody seems to have this case.
Now, I need a Reccomendation on a case. I am looking at an Antec OverTure or a ThermalTake Tenor VB2000BNS. More Expensive than I planned.
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 10:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey man, try this site. https://www.casedepot.com/index-s.html not exactly what you were looking for though. Great prices though!!!

Edited by Yoldering 2005-06-06 11:16 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Uh something happened and I could not edit. Anyway, did you try this? http://www.calibex.com/serv/calibex1/buyer/outpdir.jsp?nxtg=5e739c_876BA561105EA07E&OVRAW=CasEdge&OVMTC=standard&search=casedge&OVKEY=casedge
Anyhow, as cases go you don't need too much. I like some of the ones in my first lins. pretty cool looking.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 8:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, all of the Desktops were for MATX. So they wont work.
I did e-mail the company again. Not that I expect an answer. They didnt answer my last e-mail.
Does anyone know if the Antec Overture can use a Standard ATX PS? Dont think the 380 will be sufficient. Has Nice appearance. Not crazy about the PS being in front.
The Thermaltake, Has extra fans included. 80MM front, 2 60MM rear blowing out. Looks like it will be a cool running case. Has the room, Looks kinda Crude with the swingdown doors.
What to do, What to do???? Well, I know I'll be waiting about a week for my Credit from UpgradeSource. They charged me when I placed the order. Back on 5/12.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-10 10:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Now my 64 Bit PC is Definately on hold. Why? Not because of the Case issue. Something else. Car problems. Last July, I put a 200 Amp Alternator on my 01 Ford Escape. Drove about 13,000 Miles. Now the Bearrings are shot. making a Loud rattle. F***ing Ford dealer charge me $100 today to tell me the Alts bad. Took my broken factory unit to a local shop for a Rebuild/Upgrade from 110 Amps to 150/170. Due to Financial reasons, I wont be finishing my PC anytime soon.
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 7:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ESCAPEMAX,

Sorry to hear that, we all know how that goes from time to time. At least when you do get back into the swing of upgrades, prices may have come down. Good to think of it like that perhaps
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 10:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can I mention the place where I purchased the Alternator from? I'm on the EscapeCentral club as well. One of the other members had the same failure. He got his from the same place as I did.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 7:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just had to Return the KeyBoard/Mouse combo and the Antec HD Cooler. I wanted to keep them for my Project. But I need the money for the part for my truck. Whic is Done. Rebuilt to 170 Amps from 110. My cost is $225 USD. Just need to get it tomorrow. Hopefully the one in my truck will hold out until Sat when I can spend the 4 Hours changing it.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 10:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Got my Alternator and installed it Sat. Only took me about 2 1/2 Hours this time. Made some Side Money. Went back to CompUSA, Best Buy and got the keyboard/mouse combo and Antec HD Cooler again. So Now I am back to wher i started.
A word of Caution. I ordered a CasEdge case back on 5/12/05 from UpgradeSource. Cancelled the order on 6/6/05. And as off 6/19/05 am still waiting for my $47 Credit which was charged back on 5/12. I DO NOT reccomend this place. Once I get my Credit, I am done with them. Anyone use ALLSTARSHOP.Com before? I might get my case from them or NewEGG.com. Whoever is Cheaper. NewEGG I have used in the past. Good place to deal with. Prices are high when you throw in State Sales Tax on some items.
Chris
 Top of the page
no-success Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 10:35 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

ESCAPEMAX - 2005-06-07 8:02 AM

Thanks, all of the Desktops were for MATX. So they wont work.
I did e-mail the company again. Not that I expect an answer. They didnt answer my last e-mail.
Does anyone know if the Antec Overture can use a Standard ATX PS? Dont think the 380 will be sufficient. Has Nice appearance. Not crazy about the PS being in front.
The Thermaltake, Has extra fans included. 80MM front, 2 60MM rear blowing out. Looks like it will be a cool running case. Has the room, Looks kinda Crude with the swingdown doors.
What to do, What to do???? Well, I know I'll be waiting about a week for my Credit from UpgradeSource. They charged me when I placed the order. Back on 5/12.
Chris

im using the overture case right now. and as far as i can tell you can use a standard psu. it is weird being that its at the front however its whisper quiet. btw the overture case is gigantic if you took a normal full case and layed it on its side and made it like 2 inches thinner. its way to big for a normal sized desk (it comes right up to the edge of the front of my desk) but the new revision has tons of fans and the psu that it comes with is great.

also the 3.5 drive bays on the front of the case are somehow the wrong size and will not fit any standard 3.5 drive (the bays are about .5 inches wider) i tried to contact antec about it but they are hard to get in touch with.

Edited by no-success 2005-06-19 10:42 PM
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-20 10:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I finally decided to go with the Antec Overture II. I like having the drive bays exposed.
Now where to get it from? Wont be until July or Aug.
If I had a CPU I could literally run the unit now. The board does have onboard Audio and Video.
Chris
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.202 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10