x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

? about PC Ram.

1 2 3 4
no-success Page Icon Posted 2005-06-20 6:04 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

ESCAPEMAX - 2005-06-20 10:03 AM

I finally decided to go with the Antec Overture II. I like having the drive bays exposed.
Now where to get it from? Wont be until July or Aug.
If I had a CPU I could literally run the unit now. The board does have onboard Audio and Video.
Chris

i couldnt wait for shipping time so i got mine at compusa but i should i got the aria case from newegg (they have a cheaper price on the overture II as well)
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-21 3:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Now I checked UpgradeSource.Com, They have the ANtec Overture II in Stock. Only $100 No Tax or Shipping. Maybe I'll give them another try. Best deal I've found yet.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 9:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just ordered the Antec Overture II from UpgradeSource. Also ordered a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Value from NewEGG. OEM edition.
I think there is something wrong with my Audigy LS. I cant seem to get the Center/Sub working or the Rear Surrounds. But when I run the Speaker Test, All seem to be working except the Center/Sub. Very low output from the Center speaker. I am going to Test the Audigy 2 Value in my current PC. Then I would need to find a Ceative card with the Internal pins for the Audio connectors on the case. Any ideas which models since Creatives' website is not clear?
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 12:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just got my Audigy 2 Value card yesterday. Installed it today. hooked up my speakers. Now I Finally have 5.1 sound. I think the LS is only 5.1 on a Digital output jack (Component stereo)
Me thinks I am going to get another for my NEW project.
Oh BTW, My case finally shipped via FedEx Ground. Now I Finally have one coming.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 9:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Finally got my Antec OverTure II case. Arrived yesterday. Now I am finally starting to assemble the components. So far I have installed the Mobo, DVD and FDD. Hooked up the Front panel cables.
I just ordered a Creative Audigy 2ZS since my case has a Firewire port on front. Plus a $20 Rebate. NewEgg again.
All I need is a Modem, CPU and Cooler, HD and VGA. And a copy of Windows 64 bit edition. Possibly including a Zip 750 as well. Thats up in the air right now.
A couple more months(Financial reasons) and I'll be done.
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey man. Wanted to give you a link for a great local place I go to often. They have Windows X64 for $155 http://laboratorycomputers.com/index.html Go to the price sheet, and look under OS, they are OEM only though. But for $155, hey... Price sheet here http://www.laboratorycomputers.com/flashweb/laboratory.html
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Yoldering. The only problem I see with Windows 64 is that Drivers are not available as of yet.
Chris
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

You will be able to use regular XP with your system though. My dad has a 64bit laptop with regular XP. MS sent him a beta 64bit OS, but he hasn't installed it yet. I don't know if he will.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 8:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Finally got my Audigy 2ZS. Installed it. But I have a Problem. The case has front Audio Ports. The connector for those doesnt match the connector on the 2ZS. So now I cant hook them up. Also, The connectors for the TAD, CD in, Firewire are on top. so when I close the lid, It rubs the wires. I put electrical tape on them.
Just ordered a Creative Modem. Supposed to have Caller ID and Internet on hold feature.
Its coming along. Just need to take a break. Enterprise Season 2 is coming out soon. 7/26
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 11:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Time to start looking for a VGA card. Have 2 chipsets in mind.
ATI 9800Pro
256 Bit with 256MB

Nvidia 6600GT (BFG)
128 MB GDDR3

I would like some input on what to use. Personally, I am an Nvidia fan. But it has been suggested to use the ATI.

Thanks
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 11:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you're touting for personal views, I'm with you, NVidia all the way. Tidier and better driver dists IMO
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 10:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well its mainly what the cards can do thats confusing me.

Yes the Nvidia is Faster. But it has something called a 64 Bit floating and only 128MB GDDR3.
The ATI has 256MB ram and is 256 Bit. Its about 1/2 the speed of Nvidia.

Oh, The card I REALLY wanted wont fit the case. BFG 6800OC.

Chris
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 12:57 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I like nVIDIA too!!. But my laptop has got an ATI chipset. It's bad, because my past laptop (which i bought like 3 years ago and sold about one) had a 32 MB nVIDIA chipset, and the new one has the same 32 MB. i mean, two years and the same specs
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 8:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You're quoting different 'bittage' here.

the NVidia's 64-bit is the Floating Point (where the processor deals with numbers of undecided variables and values). It's based on a technology developed by Industrial Light & Magic (Think Star Wars).
The 256-bit is the memory interface, which the latest NVidia's also use.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 5:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Maybe I should just get the BFG 6600GT OC.
Chris
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11