x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

changing skin for J720, HELP needed

1 2
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 5:40 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

well, basically after numerous attempt to change skin but failed badly, I would like to seek help for a final time:

i always face problem when it says, the cmd file is not a application for windows CE or something of that kind.

i am using a J720, and the only data transfer i am capable in is CF card.

i would like to install:
vista theme, something like the second in http://www.hpcfactor.com/themes/wisbar.asp

and the first one here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/themes/shells.asp

and the 2nd or 4th item here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/themes/wmp.asp

i would also like to change the large icon display to customise display of my own
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 2:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

With the Vista theme you mention, I trust you've installed WisBar first on the 720.

The Geared2003 XP shell them comes with instructions; were those not helpful? (You should extract the ZIP file on your PC, and then copy the CAB file onto the CF card. Then, after putting the CF card back in the 720, go to the location of the CAB file and double-tap on it. The instructions should guide you through.)

Installing WMP skins is a little more complicated. You have to make a folder named Skins inside the same folder where Windows Media Player is installed, and put the skin files in the Skins folder. (Again, extract the ZIP file on the PC first and then copy over what's inside.)
 Top of the page
mfvamp Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I would suggest using the Geared2003 Shell because it extracts everything for you. Just like geek said drop the cab on your CF and install.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 1:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

From : ibelieveindevil To : cmonex Date : 2008-10-28 9:55 AM
Subject : J720 skin

well, i have checked on your pag, and itried to follow your instruction on XP themes but failed. it always said the the CMB file is not an application for my device. the only method of ata transfer i am using is CF card.

Do you have any idea what should I do?

----------> I don't know what a CMB file is. please show us the exact error message.
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 5:32 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

to cmonex: i am using the wisbar 104 from your page, and follow the steps provided in the longhorn5203 theme. i follow until step 5, which after i lauched wisbar, the task bar changed an "A" sign, and downward button besides it, then a clock, and the a symbol with "MB" on it. i tried to tap and hold down to find the theme, but all i get was a volume control bar.

by the way, gear 2003 works fine with me.

i am still trying to install mwnall in my 720.

well, another question is how to make the file name transparent? my file name are still having a dark blue area in colour.

Edited by ibelieveindevil 2008-10-29 6:19 AM
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 9:19 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

well, i failed to install medis player 1.2 as the messege show up everytime i clicked it on my storage card

"WMNALL" is not a valid Winows CE application
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

ibelieveindevil - 2008-10-29 9:19 AM

"WMNALL" is not a valid Winows CE application

wmnall.exe is a desktop application. It installs windows media player (for devices) on the desktop and then uses activesync to install to the device. Or you can just copy the cab file it puts on the desktop hard drive (c:\program files\....) to the device and execute the cab there.

Edited by mscdex 2008-10-29 10:16 AM
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 11:14 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

well, i tried installing itbut it stopped and created no files after the messege " A supported device is not connected' messege shows up
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 11:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My themes are for Wisbar advance, I've never tested them on the original 1.4 version.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 1:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

ibelieveindevil - 2008-10-29 11:14 AM

well, i tried installing itbut it stopped and created no files after the messege " A supported device is not connected' messege shows up

That's strange. Try downloading the zip file from my site here and copy the file "naut640x240.ARM.CAB" from the archive (located in "arm/640x420" ) to the J720 and execute it from there. That ought to work.

Edited by mscdex 2008-10-29 1:45 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 5:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wonder if that registry bug that's in some 720s is to blame (ie, is the 720 being misidentified by ActiveSync as a Pocket PC?)
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 11:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

c:amie: well, i tried googling it and realised wisbar advance need to be bought. i am not very sure if there is a difference between the versions, and whether those that work for ppc work for J20 as well.
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 10:50 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

updated progress:
1: wisbar advance v1.3.2.2 installed.
2: geared2003 XP installed.
3: WMP 1.2 installed.
4: WMP10 theme installed.

Problems faced currently:
1: vista theme not installed, wissetting.exe not working
2: icon name have a blue area around it, unsure how to make it transparent
3: tried to installed geared icons for office, however, only excel and word icon on desktop view changed (they never change in other folder. other microsoft icons never changed at all, i am not sure if it is because it collide with geared2003 XP or because i changed the name of some icons)
4: unable to install other application that requires sync or have no cab file

Edited by ibelieveindevil 2008-10-30 11:34 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 11:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

DeSappear should take care of issue 2. It's also on the Downloads page of this site.
 Top of the page
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 12:29 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

thanks a lot, problem 2 and 3 sloved!

problem 4 should be a permanent problem, i will just leave it aside.

now would like to know how to run longhorn theme
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13