x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Psion Netbook Pro Custom ROMs?

voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 7:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi All,

I recently picked up a Psion Netbook Pro now that the prices have FINALLY gotten reasonable - was wondering is anyone has done a cmonex-style ROM for this beastie yet?

I did a site search using google, but was not able to find an answer. I have been out of the HPC world a while as I've been in school, but my most recent experience was with a MP900c with the cmonex v1 ROM. Lately I have been using an Acer Aspire One, but am missing 1/10 second boot times ;o)

Thanks!

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 10:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not yet, but cmonex herself is thinking about it.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 7:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

She better quit thinking about it and get back to the important projects...like Cmonex v3

Rich
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry to dissapoint both of you but Smartbook rom Kitchen is next in line

Only joking
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 12:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL

Welcome to "The Battle of the Custom ROMs."
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 1:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wrong Mr-Mac! Monica, tell them who was your friend first...who has sent stuff to you in Hungary, who has shared his soul and software with you...who has seen pictures of you in your nightie...and if you answer the last one, would you send me his email address, I'd like to talk to him about a trade...

Rich
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Elder

LOL
 Top of the page
voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2008-10-31 1:10 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ha! Come on - how much better can the MP900 custom ROM get? The NetBook is ripe for similar treatment ;o)

I seem to remember running across several WinCE4.2 tips on cmonex's site (Thank You!!!), so I'll start there and see if I can replicate the functionality I had on my MP900. Now, if these monkies (http://www.quartamobile.com/applications.htm) will just get off the can and publish their WinCE7.0 files so that I can turn my Aspire One into a true netbook...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-03 4:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol

yes I do have a lot of stuff for v3... which is kept up by the fact i'm trying to find time to finish new rom editor (my goal is to use that to build v3 )

the other devices can come after that. but with that rom editor maybe it doesn't need to be me who does the rom

btw there is already some rom tools on my site, so why dont you try. if you want all the same functionality as 900c rom, you do need some edits in the rom, but a lot of the functionality can be installed without that too

Edited by cmonex 2008-11-03 4:17 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11