x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada shutting down while syncing

mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 9:52 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

This is becoming a major pain, I am trying to transfer files to the Jornada but it keeps shutting down after every 2 minutes or so and then the syncing stops, this happens even though I have the "suspend" time set to 5 minutes, regardless, this should not be happening while work is being done, I've been told that I can change the suspend settings in the Registry but I am not going there as I don't have the knowledge to mess with the Registry. Someone else told me that I can try "Small Tweak" but I can't find that software.
Can anyone suggest anything that will prevent the Jornada from shutting down while syncing please? Thanks.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Just remember to touch the screen or press a key, AFTER the Jornada is connected to a power source (either directly or thru the cradle).

It *should* break the auto-suspend timer and enter external power mode, so it won't auto-suspend at all. Unless your problem is caused by something else...
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 1:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hey, thanks a million, this seems to have solved the problem, take it easy, Mike.
 Top of the page
BANE not logged in
BANE not logged in Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 3:44 PM
#
Ok, this topic took my eye, cause I am having a similar problem (at times....)
The machine does not shutdown though, but the active sync connection terminates.... I may be connect (all plugs in right... and sending a file fine, and at some random point (not all the time, only sometimes) the connection goes... yet the unit is still on. It's not doing it enought o be a problem... more of an annoyance kinda.
Any ideas??

...............IB a n e
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe you're trying to copy large files over?
i can recommend you a plugin for total commander (desktop version) with which you can copy even several hundred MB files (working AS connection needed). it can be found on ghisler.com
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 1:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

now i'd like to know the answer to mikehende's question.
i heard someone else has the same problem now..

as for myself, i've never had this but a similar problem .. when the 720 was connected to the internet with a wlan card and remote desktop session was also active, it would still shut down after 5 minutes (this was the amount of suspend time set in control panel). of course it happened only if i didn't do anything with it. it should have turned only the display off. a hardreset solved it.
after some months, my 728 started to shut down only after 10 seconds or so at power on, if it wasn't active even though suspend time was set to 5 minutes. i can't remember now if it did it only at power on, or other times too when it was just idle. a hardreset was needed again it hadn't been hard reset for months before that!

i don't want this to reappear, but if it does, i'd like to know the solution! (apart from hardreset)

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-25 1:24 PM
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 5:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

and while we are at it, that someone else would be me ;-]

i have two 720's. one of them performs sync and file transfers just fine, the other has the same issues as described by mike - it shuts down 2-3 minutes the first time when connected to the pc. after a series of resets and on/off's it would eventually reconnect to the pc just to drop the connection during a file transfer. i can repeat the reset-on/off procedure about couple more times and after that it completely refuses to connect until i reboot the pc. at first i thought my usb port is the problem, but trying all available usb ports did not bring any improvement.

so did anyone manage to handle that really annoying issue?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 1:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just a q: doesn1t hard reset help?
probly it does, just asking, better to know about it..

maybe you don't need to reboot, just kill activesync (wscescomm in processes in taskmanager)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13