x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

China RADIO-DVD-GPS

GabyCR Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 4:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,

I had bought this RADIO-DVD GPS from china (http://www.witson.com/view_pro.php?id=1154).

It came with windows ce 4.2 and is a ARM based device.

And now these are my questions:

I can execute a explorer in the navi, but i can´t change the shell, because i can´t make a soft reset. The only way is to make a HARD RESET quiting the AC from the CAR and it don´t save the changes in the REGISTER.

So, is possible make a RESET with an application???

Is possible extract a dump from the ROM and cook my own ROM?? I want put a FULL win ce.

I can´t connect with it with the activesync only with the SD-CARD

Thank you very much
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 7:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

See C:Amie...the future...

Gaby, don't know if it will work, but Kaisoft has a program called Turn Off that will perform a warm reset on some devices: http://www.pocketkai.net/asp/en/index-en.html

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-10-30 12:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are actually several software soft reset utilities. Software 309 has one called Warm Reboot; Philippe Majerus has one in one of his Windows CE software tools packages (I believe it's the PHM Plus! pack); there's a "Warm Boot" button under the System tab in Wolfgang Rolke's ResInfo. All of these have ARM versions. However, some devices don't support software soft resets, so don't get your hopes up.
 Top of the page
GabyCR Page Icon Posted 2008-11-06 2:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tryed the software, but doesn´t work.

Is possible make a rom and the update????

Thank you very much
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9