x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro, Adobe Reader 2.0,Text Select

DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have Adobe Reader 2.0 installed on my Psion Netbook Pro and I can select text with the text select tool available on the touch-enabled on-screen menu.

My problem is that I can't yet do anything with the selected text. A copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) doesn't paste anything to an open WordPad file. Is this a WordPad issue? Is there some other program on the Netbook Pro I can use to test the paste?

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

DonL0001 - 2008-11-02 10:29 AM

I have Adobe Reader 2.0 installed on my Psion Netbook Pro and I can select text with the text select tool available on the touch-enabled on-screen menu.

My problem is that I can't yet do anything with the selected text. A copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) doesn't paste anything to an open WordPad file. Is this a WordPad issue? Is there some other program on the Netbook Pro I can use to test the paste?

Thanks, Don

Not to point out the obvious, but you *are* looking at a non-protected pdf file? Somewhere along the way, pdf's got more sophisticated (or maybe it was just me) about controlling viewer access to copy/paste/print, etc.
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-03 1:25 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

hmascience - 2008-11-03 12:35 AM

DonL0001 - 2008-11-02 10:29 AM

Thanks, Don

Not to point out the obvious, but you *are* looking at a non-protected pdf file? Somewhere along the way, pdf's got more sophisticated (or maybe it was just me) about controlling viewer access to copy/paste/print, etc.

No, that was worth checking. However, the same file could be copied and pasted from on my XP desktop with Adobe ver. 8.

Regards, Don

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 8:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Did you try using Primer and see if you could capture the text with it instead of Adobe?

Rich
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 8:58 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-04 9:40 AM

Did you try using Primer and see if you could capture the text with it instead of Adobe?

Rich

No, I barely remember hearing of such a program, and google wasn't much help.

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-04 8:40 AM

Rich

Yes you can copy text from a PDF document to your clipboard (using Primer) and then paste it into another document.

I've never figured out how to do that in Pocket Acrobat, and FoxIt Pro for CE Net 4.2 does not even provide that functionality.

Primer PDF Reader was way ahead of it's time.
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 12:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane John - 2008-11-04 1:24 PM

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-04 8:40 AM

Rich

Yes you can copy text from a PDF document to your clipboard (using Primer) and then paste it into another document.

I've never figured out how to do that in Pocket Acrobat, and FoxIt Pro for CE Net 4.2 does not even provide that functionality.

Primer PDF Reader was way ahead of it's time.

John, Rich,

What's the availibility, etc. of Primer?

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 12:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Email sent...
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 12:59 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Don

I don't know what all Rich sent you, but if it doesn't include the User Manual...let me know?

Primer 3.1 has tons of great features...all nicely explained in the user manual.

BTW - Clinton Fitch (remember him?) has a decent review of the product ...look in the Reviews Section.

Edited by Hurricane John 2008-11-04 1:01 PM
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-04 1:48 PM

Email sent...

Rich,

Thanks, received OK.

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
Joppe
Joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 9:35 AM
#
Is there a special way to install adobe reader 2.0 ? For more than 3 hours now I am trying to install AR1 or AR2 on my NBP but no succes. Wich file did you use to install ?

Regards
Joppe
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 9:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe the version on cmonex' site will install better:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
 Top of the page
joppe Page Icon Posted 2009-02-25 8:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It works, incredible, many many thanks. Perhaps you can provide another miracle and help me launch tomtom. I have an official licence, when I start tomtom home, it does recognise my machine as a tomtom gizmo, but then before installing, when I try intern memory, it changes to " no tomtom machine" . I then tried to install on both CF and SD cards (firdt one, then the other) I am then lead to ttcode.com to register. When the whole chabang is on the memory card I have remove the card from the reader to the PDA, for a few seconds it seems to start installing but then stops ( for the 26 th time) nothing happens anymore
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12