x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Syncing Jornada 720 Outlook 97 to Vista Home Premium outlook 2007.

littlejohnhcr Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 4:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Syncing Jornada 720 Outlook 97 to Vista Home Premium outlook 2007.

The name I set for the Jornada is Jornada720, so when I plug in the Jornada in to a USB port Vista sees it but Vista will not sync to Outlook 97 but it will sync the Synchronized Files from the desktop to the Jornada and back via windows explorer. But Vista Home Premium will not sync desktop Outlook 2007 to the Jornada 720 outlook 97 using vista windows mobile device center. How do I fix this problem? And if you have the answer will you please send me the links I will need to get what I need to fix the problem. Please use the e-mail address below Thanks.

Operating systems,
Jornada has windows PC 2000 / I think Outlook 97 not sure about the 97?
Desk top has windows Vista Home Premium / Outlook 2007

Edited by CE Geek - please refrain from posting personal information on the forums for sending information as we can only post links here rather than sending them personally (Forum Rule 10)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 4:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, decided to make several "improvements" in its Vista version of Windows. One of them was to cut out compatibility with earlier versions of ActiveSync. One way around this is to create a virtual PC within Vista and run Windows XP from it, and install ActiveSync 3.8 there.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

If you're going to go through all that trouble, you're probably better off ditching Vista and installing XP to begin with
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 6:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Talk to C:Amie about that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-02 6:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have VM's for all MS Operating systems back to Windows 2.02, so for me it's no big deal to make a new one, it's called "copy and paste"

As for ditching Vista, if you want Sync support and aren't willing to VM, then yeah, it's that or hack ActiveSync 3 to death.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 30