x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 low Battery questions

mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 4:15 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Can I turn on an alarm or noise of any sort or better yet, a "flashing" icon or something like that to alert me when the battery is running low? If so, how/where please, thanks.

Edited by mikehende 2005-05-24 4:18 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the jornada (at least on the 720 it's that way) will alert you some minutes before finally turning off..
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 8:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

the 680(e) does that too ... but come to think of it, a single charge last several days, so I cannot remember if I did ever see a battey alert!
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 1:23 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

New issue, I was reading the Jornada 680 manual last night and it says that there should always be power going to the unit to avoid memory loss, so what does this mean? Should I simply leave it pluggen in permanently on AC power except when I need to use the battery? If so, the question here is, I know that on certain rechargeable appliances they tell you that too much charging is no good so you should disconnect the AC power after the unit has been fully charged, so which is it? Your opinion, anyone?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

mikehende - 2005-05-25 11:23 AM

New issue, I was reading the Jornada 680 manual last night and it says that there should always be power going to the unit to avoid memory loss, so what does this mean? Should I simply leave it pluggen in permanently on AC power except when I need to use the battery? If so, the question here is, I know that on certain rechargeable appliances they tell you that too much charging is no good so you should disconnect the AC power after the unit has been fully charged, so which is it? Your opinion, anyone?

no no, it does not mean the ac adapter should be plugged in. It just means that you should make sure the main battery (LI-ion batt) has power and not drain it to zilt.

If the batt is new, it should last a few days of average usage before you need to charge. But always check your batt level. If it drops to 10%~20%, I would plug in to charge or power down to conserve.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 1:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Another issue, The AC plug that goes into the cradle itself , I have a hard time getting the power to come on and also on the unit itself, I have to fiddle with the plug in both instances until I see the red light come on, any ideas what's going on here and any fixes please?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 4:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like you have a loose connection. Try plugging it directly into the side of the device.
 Top of the page
mikehende Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 4:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Same thing on both the cradle and the unit except that it takes "less" fiddling on the unit itself for the red power light to stay on.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8