x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Your experience with Opera

guudePeter Page Icon Posted 2008-11-10 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello and good evening to all expert members in this forum,

I have been lurking around outside HPC for a long time and finally registered for asking a question and of course
of sympathy.

I posses a Jornada 720 running with Redgear 1.0 and Opera 8.65. So far it works fine but what did you
experience about RAM usage. The german GMX Mailwebpage loads fine but after login there
my 720 runs short of RAM regardless where i positioned the memory slider before (same with desktop EBAY).

I would like to know if you have got similar trouble with big webpages and if there is some
help possible.

best wishes
Peter (Frankfurt)

Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-11-10 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

In that case, 728 ROM/RAM chip with 64MB RAM should help.

Edited by CAuser 2008-11-10 3:42 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-11-10 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Have you installed Opera to a storage card, so as to allow maximum possible RAM available? What eBay page are you trying to load? I tried loading the main eBay.com page and only 10MB of RAM is used (so adjusting the slider wasn't even needed).
 Top of the page
guudePeter Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 6:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi to everybody, thanks CAuser and isotherm,

RAM/ROM upgrade in Germany far from cheap (the 720s themselves nowadays affordable secondhand) more a
long time effort to watch to get it (even little number of 728s sold here).

Yes, after installation to Main Memory all transferred to CF, direct installation to CF stuck, only Skins and two other files left in main memory now (Cache as well in CF). Isotherm you are right the german ebay Homepage loads troublefree but the my ebay page drives the RAM to the limit. But of course these are the biggest pages you normally come across.

Greetings and sorry for late reply

guudePeter
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 2:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, My eBay even taxes my Netbook Pro with 128 MB of RAM, so no surprise there. ('Course, I'm viewing it in IE CE rather than Opera.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13