x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Airpanel that wasn't - or - a gap in GAPI

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 4:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I just picked up an NIB ViewSonic Airpanel 100 to fill the void left behind by my abducted SIMpad. Nice, but I'm having a weird problem with GAPI for HPCs (version 4.00). After installing, I opened up GAPI Setup and selected the device and OS version from the list; but when I tap "Yes" to activate GAPI, it says the device doesn't match the selection. (So a CE 4.1 .net Airpanel isn't a CE 4.1 .net Airpanel? ) I'll be e-mailing the folks at wincesoft.de for help, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone here has any clues what's going on.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 5:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think you'l have to wait for WinCESoft to respond. Evidently the device isn't reporting back the info that GAPI is expecting...of course their is always a tiny possiblility that your device is unique, some prototype or hacked hardware or something....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 4:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

wincesoft.de to the rescue: they sent me an executable file to read and document the device info, and it identified the device as - get this - a NETA 980. So I selected that device in GAPI Setup, and GAPI is now activated.

I can't seem to find any info online as to whether the Airpanel 100's ROM is flashable (though I suspect so). If so, maybe that means the NETA 980 ROM image can be flashed onto the Airpanel 100 ROM.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The next version of RedGear will have its own GAPI built in, with auto-detection of the framebuffer location. At least they didn't charge you to add your device.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 9:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Problem not yet solved. The GAPI tests are producing weird results (off center, lack of color, etc). Still corresponding with Frank over at wincesoft.de - I'll keep you all posted.

Interestingly, I notice that the Airpanel is missing the same things that are missing from the NETA 980: the built-in Solitaire game and the Control Panel applet for removing programs, as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4341&posts=42

BTW, TFGBD's link there for Solitaire no longer works, and I haven't yet been able to "overwrite" (shadow) cplmain.cpl because the device won't let me.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 11:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2008-11-16 9:19 AM

I haven't yet been able to "overwrite" (shadow) cplmain.cpl because the device won't let me.

Try rebooting into safe mode
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.136 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9