x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alternative site monitor / config tool

BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 8:42 AM
#
This may seem like an odd question but is there any kind of program that will work as an alternative to a wireless lan card's original tools? I've bought a Xybernaut Poma device on Ebay (here is another one) recently and while the Socket Lower Power Wlan Card that came with it works with the SH4 drivers from the HCL and the Socket site, the connection / site survery program that got installed with the driver gets the ol' "Component missing" message. The drivers work but the program doesn't. I'm trying out a few things by myself, like moving files (in case they were installed in the wrong place), and checking the Way Back Machine to see if the proper program was online some time in the past, but I'd appriciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not above trying a different card to see if that works but I don't have another to test.

Heck, I don't even know if this counts as an HPC but it works more or less the same way but if this is better asked on a PDA forum, I'll try my luck there too.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 1:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure what to do because i have never come across a Xybernaut Poma device before or recognised it as a Handheld PC; it's not shown on the Worlds largest PDA database (www.pdadb.net). One thing I can rely on is the operating system, so if you can find out about that, I might be able to help.
Judging by the SH4 processor you are using, it's probably a Handheld PC 3.0 Professional.
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 6:16 AM
#
As it turns out, it's more than possible that it's niether an HPC nor a PDA. At least that's what ResInfo says. I did a little more searching on the Way Back Machine and found the drivers I was looking for. The link I was using from the Socket website was off a bit which is why I didn't find it in the first place. Here's some info from the old Xybernaut page.

Attached are some screenshots from the device. First is the desktop. There aren't any PIM programs in the rom at all which is a little disappointing. Next is the ResInfo system tab. I've never heard of the Orca platform before. Finally is the program I was looking for, the Socket WLan configuration tool. Unfortunately, there's no site survey option included so you have to know the SSID of the wireless network you want to connect to.

Edited by BlueZed 2008-11-14 6:29 AM

(poma001.jpg)

(poma004.jpg)

(poma005.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments poma001.jpg (21KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments poma004.jpg (35KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments poma005.jpg (36KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 1:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a Platform Builder 3.0 generated version of Windows CE 3.0, pre-addon pack.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 2:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Running on an SH4 processor - whoa.
 Top of the page
BlueZed
BlueZed Page Icon Posted 2008-11-15 4:06 AM
#
CE Geek - 2008-11-14 3:46 AM

Running on an SH4 processor - whoa.

I'm curious. What's about it?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-15 4:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm only aware of two devices that use the SH4 processor, and they both run H/PC Pro (CE 2.11): the Compaq Aero 8000 and the Hitachi ePlate.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12