x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows ce5 chinese car stereo+gps+bluetooth+dvd+tv tuner

1 2 3 4
pipevo
pipevo Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 4:12 PM
#
i have exactly the same problem my screen freezes at language page and i have to do the same how did you fix
 Top of the page
daniel858 Page Icon Posted 2010-09-09 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

did u ever fix the radio we are having the same problem now and cant reset it
every thing works but the gps and when u try to load gps it it opens the video screen
so we cant get to the sub menus when the card is out
 Top of the page
the dude
the dude Page Icon Posted 2010-09-22 2:52 AM
#
It is the crappy sd card you get with it.

Further the problem is that that is where the IGO 8 software is stored. If you did not backup you are screwed, but maybe you can contact the dude you bought it from.

I had the same problem, but luckily i did back up the entire sd card content as soon as i received it.
 Top of the page
the dude
the dude Page Icon Posted 2010-09-22 2:55 AM
#
Forgot to tell what i did.

I replaced the sd card with a good one. Placed the IGO software inside the new sd card configured the system for the location of the GPS software and that is it good luck
 Top of the page
kita32 Page Icon Posted 2010-10-05 3:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

the dude - 2010-09-22 2:55 AM

Forgot to tell what i did.

I replaced the sd card with a good one. Placed the IGO software inside the new sd card configured the system for the location of the GPS software and that is it good luck

Some older car DVD players in cars have problems with some of the new features that have been added to DVDs. Check to see whether there is a firmware update for the DVD player by going to the company's online website and searching through Support.
Check that the disc is in good condition, with no scratches or dents on the bottom (silver side). Also, lightly flick any dust off the bottom using a lint-free cloth.
If the disc won't play and is a disc that has been burned on a computer, try playing a commercially bought DVD or CD. If these play, then the DVD or CD that was made on a computer is either defective or the DVD player is not compatible with playing them.
 Top of the page
romanianITrules
romanianITrules Page Icon Posted 2010-12-07 10:55 AM
#
I can give you the sys and rest for IGO 8.
 Top of the page
romanianITrules
romanianITrules Page Icon Posted 2010-12-07 11:02 AM
#
This is the sys.txt for the ones that have 7" 800x480 dvd ...usualy they are all the same.
The SD CARD must be inserted and NOT WRITE PROTECTED !!!!! mine camed with Write Protect ON, is WRONG !!!

[interface]
vga=0
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

If any more questions, my YM is onenight4ever

Also I work now at a new firmware for my Viewtech VT-720 DVD brought from china....good unit, but crappy software.
Will be ready probably in 2-3 weeks, with 3D Navigation panels and a lot of improvements .

Will work on units that have TV+Blueth+GPS, touch screen 800 x 480, cpu arm minimum 400 MHZ.

Best regards.
 Top of the page
barrow200
barrow200 Page Icon Posted 2010-12-08 6:25 PM
#
I have the same radio but when I had my battery changed now it will receive the cd/dvd but will not show a picture, it does not recognize my gps software which is on a memory card and it does not recognize my sd card. It will not play anything but the radio, Ipod, and bluetooth. Any suggestions
 Top of the page
biggzly
biggzly Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 4:18 AM
#
I am about to buy one of theses but I want to know what all I can customize first. I want to be able to go into this thing and do as much customization as possible, here is the link to the one i was thinking about gettingLink I know this is an old thread but Im hoping some of you are still following. Let me know what you guys think of this unit. Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
armathia Page Icon Posted 2011-05-22 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have purchased similar chineseGPG from a US store, with all the features you mentioned, and I have no way to connect it with my pc.
It come with european maps (I lived in the USA) I have no way to pay and download US maps, the windows CE5.0 menus are in Chinese language. The problem is that for me is not the first time i get into these problems with Chinese products, and i didn't learn. My sugestion is to just pay extra money to get something good and not scrap.
 Top of the page
Andy
Andy Page Icon Posted 2011-07-08 5:10 PM
#
Hey did you succeed in building the firmware you mentioned for the china car dvd player?
 Top of the page
Damian
Damian Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 7:58 PM
#
I'm also in the research for buying one of these Chinese stereos. As many of you mentioned, my drawback is the UI,...they really suck!
I'm a vb.net programmer and graphic designer with experience designing UIs, and I would love to put my hands on the UI to improve it a 1000%.
Based on what I read in this topic, the OS/software that controls the main system is not windows based, right? So in that case I guess I won't have any chance.
If anybody can help me or point me in the direction to customize this, I would definitively share my project.
Thanks
Damiano
 Top of the page
jathib
jathib Page Icon Posted 2011-08-24 8:05 PM
#
RomanianITrules,
have you been successful in creating a new BETTER software interface for these units.

I have one and would like to try a new interface.

Please let us know how we can test or try your efforts.

Thanks!
jathib

(my user name is the same on YM)
 Top of the page
fum Page Icon Posted 2011-09-20 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi I got a media centre from china for my car it works fine except the sat nav the micro sd card is corrupt and cannot be read.it is win ce 5.0 system ,any help on what will run on it or where to get the software to go back on a new micro sd card would be great ,I have tried to get something from www.finean.com with no luck kept getting deverted to other sites thanks
 Top of the page
Damiano Page Icon Posted 2011-09-20 9:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

search on google and get an iGo gps software and put it on the sd.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 32