x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 900c styluse issue

Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2008-11-19 9:53 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi everybody,
I have a NEC 900c with cmonex 2.0 rom.
Lately I have experienced stylus issue as it looses calibration on low battery power and in the same situation my usb pen isn't recognized.
problems are not present on ac power.

Is there a way to solve these problems.
Thanks
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

An answer will be appreciated even if without a solution.
Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-26 9:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's a new one on me. From what you wrote, it appears to be a power issue. Did you try and replace the backup battery?

The USB port is understandable as it draws power from the main battery and if you don't have enough available, then the USB device isn't going to be empowered or recognized.

The calibration though is perplexing. I thought those values were stored in the registry after calibration. The only thing that makes sense then is that the power to the lcd unit and the touchscreen is not working either when your power gets too low.

After you notice a loss of calibration, if you do nothing but plug in the a/c adapter, does everything immediately return? If so...then I've just learned something. But I've let my battery run down to nothing, and I've never experienced that symptom before.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-11-26 9:25 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-12-04 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

not so perplexing - probably bad ribbon cable connection, which in early stages is more likely to show up in low power situations.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-12-04 4:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Is that the fault that can be corrected by tightening that one screw under the unit?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.242 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9