x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My Netbook Pro is here!!!

1 2
Bruni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich, just to clarify my earlier post, my problem with the spacebar was that it was not sensitive enough. It really does sound to me like Half-Saint's problem is the same I had. I tried one from a brand new keyboard and still had the same symptoms.

On my machine at least, these little plastic rods were just a fraction too long. This might have been because the rubber covering the switch beneath the spacebar had lost some of its bounce with age; or it might be that the plate on which the keyboard is mounted had settled on the surface below more snugly than Psion originally intended. Either way, a little gentle sanding was the simplest solution to my situation. But building up the surface underneath the spacebar directly above the switch might also work.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know I solved the problem. What I did was cut a round piece of thick paper, slightly larger than the rubber dome and insert it between the rubber dome and the keycap. It now works like new However, I think that the solution suggested by Bruni might be a more permanent one since paper degrades over time. I'll see what happens in the following weeks.

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wish I had a NB Pro to complain about...

Rich
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-21 6:11 PM

Wish I had a NB Pro to complain about...

Rich

Well grab one... they can be had for $80 these days.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 4:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan until I got one, and it's turned out to be a real workhorse.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Naah, looks more like a donkey to me
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11