x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Advice on GSPlayer

DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 10:33 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Really wanting internet radio on my SH4, I tracked down the source code for two earlier versions of GSPlayer (2.23 and 2.25) since I know they supported HPC as well as PPC. Using eVC 3 / with the Win CE 2.11 SDK, I successfully compiled all the libs and created an EXE. It loads onto my SH4, and starts up just fine. It will let me select a file to load, and appears to be doing what it's supposed to. It just doesn't play anything at all. I tried it with both local MP3 files and a Shoutcast PLS.

It isn't hanging, since I can click on the controls, and pull up another file. It just isn't playing anything. I'm prepared to try to debug it, but I thought I'd see if there were any known problems or anyone had any thoughts before I went down that road.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 2:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice work!

I'm not aware of any bugs with GSPlayer - it's actually a very good program.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You linked winsock.lib, libmad.lib, maplay.lib, and libovd.lib when you compiled right?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You linked winsock.lib, libmad.lib, maplay.lib, and libovd.lib when you compiled right? I'd attach my version I compiled but attachments here are set for 100kb max and archived I can only get it down to 134kb.
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 10:47 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yes, I made sure I had all of those modules compiled and included in the EXE. I got some warnings, especially when compiling libmad and lobovd, but the libraries complied, and the link had no problems. If you'd like to send me a link on your website, I'd love to download and test your version.
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 12:27 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

An update: I went ahead and built a version of the code for the J720. Nothing different appeared in the compile/listing. But the download to the device went smoothly via ActiveSync and the code ran fine. When I try the build for the 2.11 device, I can't tell Platform Builder to run via ActiveSync. It only has an option for Windows CE Services, PPP, or TCP. - and it keeps timing out and never connecting to the device. So I've just copied the EXE over and tried to run it - without luck. Is there a way to get Platform Builder to acknowledge ActiveSync? Or a way to get Platform Builder to connect to the SH4?
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 9:32 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Or if you'd like, you can email it to me at darkknightkc@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9