x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
seanriddle Page Icon Posted 2009-02-27 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

kommie2000 - 2009-02-26 10:58 PM

The problem lies in the link between the Prism settings in the control panel and the wireless settings on the selection screen. Check the SSID in the Prism settings. I had some problems with this when I was setting up my adhoc network link to my laptop. You will need to soft boot after changing the SSID.

I changed my SSID recently, and I was accidentally using the old SSID at first, but I noticed that and changed it. Since then I have done plenty of warm and cold boots, but the problem remained.

Thanks-

Sean
 Top of the page
seanriddle Page Icon Posted 2009-02-27 6:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

v100hell - 2009-02-27 1:24 AM

Still haven't found where I can edit my PRISM settings, but I did take a look at the WEP settings. It's set to get a key automatically, so I tried changing it so I could enter my key.
<snip>

This fixed my problem. I double-clicked on the network icon in the status tray, clicked on the Wireless Information tab, clicked the Advanced... button, clicked on the network entry under preferred networks, clicked the properties button, unchecked the option "the key is provided automatically", clicked the Modify WEP Key button, and entered my network key. By the time I OK'd everything, I had a good IP address.

It's very confusing because you get to one group of settings by double-clicking the network icon, and a different set by going through Start/Settings/Control Panel/PRISM Settings. They both have entries for the SSID and network key, and I guess both have to be set correctly for everything to work.

I tested suspending the airpanel and a warm reboot, and I can still hit the network after both!

I'm still not sure why I was able to hit the network the first time I installed the Linksys driver.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Sean
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-27 10:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I shoulda figured it was WEP getting in the way. We've seen that before here with other H/PCs.

Guess that's why I've never had a problem with my Agere card - the Agere client has WEP disabled by default. (It's been working nicely with both my CE 4.1 .net and CE 3.0 Airpanels.)
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-27 11:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

And now it's not working... I started it up tonight and no network. I tried the whole remove the battery, wait a bit, put the battery back in, the plug... and nothing... Anyone else get intermittent problems like this? The D-Link is on it's way so I'll see how that goes...
 Top of the page
seanriddle Page Icon Posted 2009-02-28 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

v100hell - 2009-02-27 10:35 PM

And now it's not working... I started it up tonight and no network. I tried the whole remove the battery, wait a bit, put the battery back in, the plug... and nothing... Anyone else get intermittent problems like this? The D-Link is on it's way so I'll see how that goes...

Still working fine here with the DLink DWL-650. When you say nothing, are you getting any IP address?

I do have a couple more questions....

o Is there any way to get PNG images to show up in IE on this thing?
o How do I remove programs from the Start/Programs menu and the Start/Settings/Control Panel menu? Help says I should have Remove Programs under Control Panel, but I don't.

Thanks-

Sean
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 3:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Still working fine here with the DLink DWL-650. When you say nothing, are you getting any IP address?
Sean

No IP address. No network shows up on the list to connect to. I'm draining the battery and going to try again. Hopefully the D-Link will not have this problem.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 5:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-03-01 2:46 PM

Sean

No IP address. No network shows up on the list to connect to. I'm draining the battery and going to try again. Hopefully the D-Link will not have this problem.

I just went through this exact same problem. When you are entering in the WEP key are you keying in the passphrase or the WEP key? My linksys uses a passphrase to generate the key. Some network adapters out there let me use the same passphrase. I tried the passphrase and it said it connected but I never got an IP address. After some experimenting I got the hexadecimal WEP key from the router and keyed that into the Prism config. Bingo! up it came with IP address and all.

Hopefully that will help with your connection problem.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-02 5:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've been using the actual hex WEP key. In the latest case I haven't tried manually entering SSID and key though. I did that several times below and it never worked. I should have my D-Link soon enough, so I think I will try that first.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-02 9:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

OK, the DW-Link showed up today and I'm on. I entered Prismnds.dll when I received the prompt asking me what device was in the PCMCIA slot. My network showed up on the list. I configured it with my WEP key and was able to connect fine. I'll see if I'm able to consistently get on later.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-03 1:07 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

And.... I'm still able to log on. No problem. Thanks for the help everyone. I finally feel better about the purchase. The Cisco Aeronet 350 however was a bust. Only out $20 for it, so no biggie.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-03 8:18 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Good to hear, v100hell. Now let's get to work seeing what we can make these puppies do.

I've been messing around with TCPMP and so far I've had some mixed results. Still working on what format works best.

Also tried Redgear but it doesn't work on our machines in the current version. Kirk is coming out with an update by the end of April that he says will work with more devices. Redgear is a compatability layer that will allow us to run Pocket PC and Windows Mobile software on WinCE devices.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-03 2:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have set my CE 3 Airpanel to 90-degree rotation, and I've noticed that a couple of Pocket PC apps (Astraware's Bejeweled and Jonathan Sachs' Ephemeris) fill the screen nicely. However, I have noticed that it confuses GAPI for HPCs if you try 90- or 270-degree display rotation - it no longer recognizes the device. There doesn't appear to be a 600x800 option for the NETA 980/Airpanel 100 in GAPI for HPCs. I've contacted Frank Weseloh over at wincesoft.de about possibly putting together an adaptation; we'll see what he says.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 12:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I plan to use mine to control my synths. If you take a look 25 seconds into this video you'll see what I want to do: http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/01/software-step-sequencer-runs-doepfer.html Basically I have a laptop with MIDI out that I use to sequence my synths. I will now be able to remote into that laptop with the V100 and control everything with a wireless tablet! I can't wait. I was going to get a tablet PC for this, but then remembered ViewSonic had a wireless touch screen. After a little searching I found the V100. It's lighter and less expensive than going with a full blown tablet. Although... I am keeping an eye out for a mini tablet netbook. The T91Go is looking good although I think it only has an 8.9" screen. I have an Acer AspireOne and although I love it I am starting to wish it had a 10" screen. Anyway.... that's off topic. The V100 should suit my needs. Having IE for light surfing on it, including the mobil news sites is pretty nice. Definitely beats a phone.

I am looking forward to multi-touch though. Then you'll be able to do stuff like this:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/JazzMutant

The top video isn't the best example, but some of the others are. This one is decent:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/03/jazzmutant-lemur-traktor.html

And here's their website: http://jazzmutant.com/

Functionally, the V100 can do this "remoted" into a PC with the right software, only it's single touch.

Edited by v100hell 2009-03-04 12:52 AM
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 10:40 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-03-03 1:52 PM

I have set my CE 3 Airpanel to 90-degree rotation, and I've notices that a couple of Pocket PC apps (Astraware's Bejeweled and Jonathan Sachs' Ephemeris) fill the screen nicely. However, I have noticed that it confuses GAPI for HPCs if you try 90- or 270-degree display rotation - it no longer recognizes the device. There doesn't appear to be a 600x800 option for the NETA 980/Airpanel 100 in GAPI for HPCs. I've contacted Frank Weseloh over at wincesoft.de about possibly putting together an adaptation; we'll see what he says.

May I ask how you are getting the Pocket PC apps to install and run? I have the GAPI for HPC's but haven't had much luck with anything running with it so far. I was hoping Redgear would help but it just locks up the Airpanel when you try to run anything. I've used CompatibilityCheck to adjust some of the programs I have but nothing runs even with all that done. I haven't tried Bejeweled yet. I'll have to dig that one out of my ipaq and try it.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 10:43 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-03-03 11:46 PM

I plan to use mine to control my synths. If you take a look 25 seconds into this video you'll see what I want to do: http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/01/software-step-sequencer-runs-doepfer.html Basically I have a laptop with MIDI out that I use to sequence my synths. I will now be able to remote into that laptop with the V100 and control everything with a wireless tablet! I can't wait. I was going to get a tablet PC for this, but then remembered ViewSonic had a wireless touch screen. After a little searching I found the V100. It's lighter and less expensive than going with a full blown tablet. Although... I am keeping an eye out for a mini tablet netbook. The T91Go is looking good although I think it only has an 8.9" screen. I have an Acer AspireOne and although I love it I am starting to wish it had a 10" screen. Anyway.... that's off topic. The V100 should suit my needs. Having IE for light surfing on it, including the mobil news sites is pretty nice. Definitely beats a phone.

I am looking forward to multi-touch though. Then you'll be able to do stuff like this:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/JazzMutant

The top video isn't the best example, but some of the others are. This one is decent:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/03/jazzmutant-lemur-traktor.html

And here's their website: http://jazzmutant.com/

Functionally, the V100 can do this "remoted" into a PC with the right software, only it's single touch.

That looks really cool! I just hope the remote desktop on the Airpanel will be fast enough for you.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11