x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 10:48 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am planning on using my Airpanel as the remote screen to my van laptop. I have a laptop installed under the seat in my mini-van that I use for GPS, MP3, and video. I am mounting the Airpanel on the dash so I can control the laptop and also to access the GPS screen. I was hoping to do video over the remote desktop too, but it's too slow for that so I'm working on getting a player going on the Airpanel and stream the files wirelessly from the laptop.

If I get adventurous one day I may pull the Airpanel apart and see if I can't interface the laptop directly to the screen and touchpad.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 5:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

kommie2000 - 2009-03-04 7:40 AM

CE Geek - 2009-03-03 1:52 PM

I have set my CE 3 Airpanel to 90-degree rotation, and I've notices that a couple of Pocket PC apps (Astraware's Bejeweled and Jonathan Sachs' Ephemeris) fill the screen nicely. However, I have noticed that it confuses GAPI for HPCs if you try 90- or 270-degree display rotation - it no longer recognizes the device. There doesn't appear to be a 600x800 option for the NETA 980/Airpanel 100 in GAPI for HPCs. I've contacted Frank Weseloh over at wincesoft.de about possibly putting together an adaptation; we'll see what he says.

May I ask how you are getting the Pocket PC apps to install and run? I have the GAPI for HPC's but haven't had much luck with anything running with it so far. I was hoping Redgear would help but it just locks up the Airpanel when you try to run anything. I've used CompatibilityCheck to adjust some of the programs I have but nothing runs even with all that done. I haven't tried Bejeweled yet. I'll have to dig that one out of my ipaq and try it.

Because these are Pocket PC programs, in the absence of RedGear you need aygshell.dll either in the program's own folder or in \Windows. In the case of Bejeweled, I'm using a dummy gx.dll file. Both of these can be found on cmonex' site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-04 9:59 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

kommie2000 - 2009-03-04 10:43 AM That looks really cool! I just hope the remote desktop on the Airpanel will be fast enough for you.

Finally made the time to set it all up today. It works fine. A bit slow rendering now and then, but for what I do, and with the tools that I currently have, it's definitely good enough at the moment. I'm happy.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 10:36 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-03-04 8:59 PM

kommie2000 - 2009-03-04 10:43 AM That looks really cool! I just hope the remote desktop on the Airpanel will be fast enough for you.

Finally made the time to set it all up today. It works fine. A bit slow rendering now and then, but for what I do, and with the tools that I currently have, it's definitely good enough at the moment. I'm happy.

Hmm, you might have to change your name to V100HAPPY now.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 3:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or v100heaven.
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-03-07 1:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-03-04 9:59 PM

have you tried remoting in with lower quality graphics like 256 colors?
 Top of the page
Oddball Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 9:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got a 100 4.1 a couple of weeks ago and have been following the adventures of v100hell I have to thank him for blazing the trail my 100 is up and running with wireless I also have a 128 mb thumb drive that works the reason I got it was to use it with some kind of excel program not just a viewer I have been looking for a dock but they don’t come up very often my question is that if I get a dock will My XP machine connect to the 100 thru ActiveSync like I do with my Pocket PC and is there a excel program that works and comes in a CAB file that I can install without the dock.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 10:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Try SpreadCE ?

If you can install ActiveSync on a computer, the CAB files can be found (without making a real connection) in a folder (around ../microsoft/activesync/), copied to your thumb drive and executed on the V100.

I think the fly in the ointment may be that Activesync doesn't always play nice with Vista; workarounds have been posted. Perhaps others can help? I have to admit that I have been reluctant to move beyond XP except when forced to.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 8:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My Airpanel 100s sync nicely with my XP notebook via ActiveSync. As for a full Excel-style program, how about Pocket Excel? It's actually downloadable now, thanx to cmonex:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Look for the link for the H/PC 2000 Pocket Office suite.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-03-15 2:42 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

QuagmireMan - 2009-03-07 1:10 PM

v100hell - 2009-03-04 9:59 PM

have you tried remoting in with lower quality graphics like 256 colors?

I tried it but it didn't make much of a difference. It's not too bad though.

Regarding my alias. I'll keep it as it, but yep, I'm v100Happy now. Not sure if I'm in heaven yet, but good enough.
 Top of the page
aluke Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-03-03 11:52 AM

I have set my CE 3 Airpanel to 90-degree rotation, and I've notices that a couple of Pocket PC apps (Astraware's Bejeweled and Jonathan Sachs' Ephemeris) fill the screen nicely. However, I have noticed that it confuses GAPI for HPCs if you try 90- or 270-degree display rotation - it no longer recognizes the device. There doesn't appear to be a 600x800 option for the NETA 980/Airpanel 100 in GAPI for HPCs. I've contacted Frank Weseloh over at wincesoft.de about possibly putting together an adaptation; we'll see what he says. ;)

You can rotate the screen display on a CE 3 Airpanel? I have CE 4.1 but it offers no way to rotate the screen so I can use it as an ebook reader. It sounds like a downgrade might be worthwhile, but from what I have read others have not been successful downgrading from 4.1 to 3.0.
 Top of the page
aluke Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 1:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Since apps seem to be hit or miss as far as working on different CE devices, I have been hesitant to buy RedGear without having any way to try it forst to make sure it runs on my AirPanel 100 CE 4.1. Can anyone else share their experiences with RedGear?
 Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 5:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

aluke - 2009-05-18 1:16 PM

CE Geek - 2009-03-03 11:52 AM

I have set my CE 3 Airpanel to 90-degree rotation, and I've notices that a couple of Pocket PC apps (Astraware's Bejeweled and Jonathan Sachs' Ephemeris) fill the screen nicely. However, I have noticed that it confuses GAPI for HPCs if you try 90- or 270-degree display rotation - it no longer recognizes the device. There doesn't appear to be a 600x800 option for the NETA 980/Airpanel 100 in GAPI for HPCs. I've contacted Frank Weseloh over at wincesoft.de about possibly putting together an adaptation; we'll see what he says.

You can rotate the screen display on a CE 3 Airpanel? I have CE 4.1 but it offers no way to rotate the screen so I can use it as an ebook reader. It sounds like a downgrade might be worthwhile, but from what I have read others have not been successful downgrading from 4.1 to 3.0.

I downgraded to 3.0. It wasn't difficult.
 Top of the page
aluke Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nate the great - 2009-05-18 2:53 PM
I downgraded to 3.0. It wasn't difficult.

How did you do the downgrade? I downloaded the image for a 3.0 ViewPad 100 to try and downgrade my AirPanel 100 but it hangs loading the 3.0 firmware. I had read elsewhere that they were interchangeable but alas now I am doubtful. Are you using a 3.0 AirPanel 100 image? If so where did you get it? (can you post it on RapidShare so others can use it, since Viewsonic no longer has it on their support site?)
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 1:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey everyone. I'm seriously considering selling my v100 with working wireless adapter. I just don't use it often enough. I bought it off Ebay for $100 plus $25 or so for the wireless adapter. It was new in the box. I still have the original box and documentation and would ship it in such. Send me an offer and I'll consider it.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 14