x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-08 5:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, the Agere driver isn't preinstalled on the Airpanel 100 - but you can download it here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-02-08 9:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

v100hell - 2009-02-07 4:57 AM

20. I did more research and was left with the impression that you can actually install apps directly on the V100, but you have to run them on your XP system and then sync them to your V100

eh, nope. buy a CF card, and a card reader for your PC then you can transfer the .CAB installers without syncing. see articles in support section on this site about how those work

in fact I never sync my ce devices to install apps.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 2:20 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

What's the difference between using a CF card and a USB drive?
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 2:20 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Note from Viewsonic Support:

"Thank you for contacting ViewSonic Technical Support.

I understand you have concerns using your wireless adapter with your AirPanel. I appreciate that you took time in expressing your concern to us and I will be more than willing to assist you with this.

I apologize but we do not have any updated for your AirPanel. I strongly recommend you try other wireless adapters as the one you have may be bad or not compatible with your network.

If you have other technical concerns, feel free to contact us again. For registration and documentation, please confirm the needed information below:

1. Complete name (First and last)
2. Telephone number
3. Physical Address (Street, City, State, Zip Code)
4. Serial and Model numbers

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you."
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 2:23 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek, how did you install the Agere driver on your Air Panel?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 3:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I just copied to the Airpanel, and executed there, the CAB file wireless.SA1100.CAB from the Agere driver package here (look inside Inflated.zip inside the downloaded package).

As for your other question, there isn't USB mass storage support in the Airpanel (there is USB mouse and keyboard support), and the Iomega Clik! USB driver doesn't seem to work on the Airpanel.

Edited by CE Geek 2009-02-09 3:15 AM
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 8:10 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-02-09 3:11 AM

I just copied to the Airpanel, and executed there, the CAB file wireless.SA1100.CAB from the Agere driver package here (look inside Inflated.zip inside the downloaded package).

As for your other question, there isn't USB mass storage support in the Airpanel (there is USB mouse and keyboard support), and the Iomega Clik! USB driver doesn't seem to work on the Airpanel.

My old small usb 64mb drive works fine in the airpanel. It sees it as a disk drive.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-09 1:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

QuagmireMan, does it work out of the box? My Airpanel prompts me for a driver name, and none of the USB DLLs work.

Edited by CE Geek 2009-02-09 2:33 PM
 Top of the page
Joe
Joe Page Icon Posted 2009-02-10 2:17 AM
#
CE Geek - 2009-02-09 3:11 AM

My 4GB shows up as a hard drive in my Airpanel - all 4gb too. It is a rambo 2.0 Usb drive.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-10 10:50 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

QuagmireMan - 2009-02-06 12:36 PM

I think these things are making a come back because of ebay. Maybe we should collect all info drivers and what not for these things.

Currently I am unable to connect to activesync in windows vista. I am going to try using a friends computer with xp and a straight usb cable.

Vista does not support syncing with Win CE devices. They dropped that support when they updated ActiveSync. You would need to sync with an XP machine over IR or have a cradle to sync with USB.
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-11 8:35 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So these are able to sync via IR?

I will have to try that next. I didn't even notice an IR port on it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-11 2:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is no IR receiver on the Airpanel - even though the port location is clearly visible.

QuagmireMan, can you shed some light on my question above?

EDIT: 1st spicy (Sage) post

EDIT2: I've tried the Deje USB mass storage driver, and it works flawlessly on the Airpanel, the thumb drive showing up as "USB Disk."

Edited by CE Geek 2009-02-11 3:04 PM
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-11 4:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-02-11 2:32 PM

There is no IR receiver on the Airpanel - even though the port location is clearly visible.

QuagmireMan, can you shed some light on my question above?

EDIT: 1st spicy (Sage) post

EDIT2: I've tried the Deje USB mass storage driver, and it works flawlessly on the Airpanel, the thumb drive showing up as "USB Disk."

I think its just the case of try the usb drives until they work. My 16gb of course does not work with it, i get prompted for a driver. The 64mb and my 128mb usb drives I get no prompt it just works.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 2:27 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Can anyone else confirm you can sync over IR? Thanks for the link and Agere info CE Geek! I'll have to see if I can hunt it down. As for testing my current CISCO Aeronet 350 tomorrow, it looks like that will have to wait. I'm going to see if I can find some CAB files for the Aeronet. I was trying to launch the exes.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 3:11 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So I found the CE.NET drivers for the CISCO Aeronet 350. They are here: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ReleaseType.x?optPlat=Windows+CE+.NET+(CE+4.0+4.1+4.2)&isPlatform=Y&mdfid=268438202&sftType=Aironet+Client+Bundle+(Firmware%2C+Driver%2C+Utility)&treeName=Wireless&modelName=Cisco+Aironet+350+Wireless+LAN+Client+Adapter&mdfLevel=Model&treeMdfId=278875243&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N

Apologies for the long URL but tinyurl.com URLs expire. I took a look at the release notes for the different releases under All Releases. It's actually interesting. The first versions prior to 2.50 actually have a note indicating that they will not work with ViewSonic Devices running CE.NET. Note if you click on the Release Notes link you get brought to a master list of release notes. Just do a find for the version you are looking for. Version 2.50 is the first to not have the ViewSonic note. You can find the notes here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wlan_adapter/350_cb20a/user/win_ce/release/notes/ce250rn.html.

I didn't see any instructions for installing on a CE device directly - the instructions are for ActiveSync. I extracted the files anyway and copied over the cabs. The cabs include a CiscoWince2002b.cab, CiscoWince2002a.cab, and a CiscoBackPort.cab. If I try to launch one on the Air Panel, I get a message stating that it's not meant for this device and if I want to continue. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm still wondering if I should try a friends wifi first. Anyone have an opinion on this? If I do install can I easily uninstall?

As for the three cabs, I'm guessing I would just need to install the CiscoWince2002b.cab for Wireless b? Anyone know if this is the case?

As for the CicscoBackPort.cab, the release notes state the following so I'm guessing there is no need to install it.
"If you choose Yes, the PPC 2002 802.1X backport, which provides support for 802.1X security, is installed. The backport then becomes part of the base Windows CE operating system and cannot be uninstalled. " Hmm...

CE Geek, do you remember if you received a message indicating that the Agere driver wasn't designed for your device when you installed the cab?

Edited by v100hell 2009-02-12 3:13 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11