x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 3:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, I don't recall getting an error message. With the Agere driver, though, I'd have been plenty confident it'd work, and would have continued anyway. In the case of the Cisco driver CABs above, I'm not so sure, since I'm unfamiliar with those CABs and, as I trust you've discovered, the Airpanel lacks a Control Panel applet for "Remove Programs," making it really hard to uninstall one version before trying another.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 4:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-02-11 1:32 PM

There is no IR receiver on the Airpanel - even though the port location is clearly visible.

The IR port DOES work on the airpanel 100. Only WinCE 3.0 will let you sync over the IR port though. I know it works because that is how I first starting getting software on my 100.

I have now upgraded to WinCE 4.1 and the Sync via IR option is gone. However, you can still use the IR port with a Direct Connection in the Network and Dialup Connections. Don't know if you can sync over that or not though. I'll have to try it and post the results.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Can you post the exact Agere wireless card and model you are using? I'm guessing there is no way you'd be willing to let me try it out and send it back would you? If I pick one up and it doesn't work with my wifi, then I'm out another $20-$30. I've put in $108 for the Air Panel and $20 for the Cisco, so $128 total that could have gone towards a tablet netbook. The idea behind the Airpanel for me was to buy some time before I picked up a tablet. I've been thinking of holding off until a multi-touch tablet netbook with Windows 7 comes out. I plan to use it for midi control of my synths. For example, what you see this guy doing here: http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/01/software-step-sequencer-runs-doepfer.html with his monitor. I figured with the AirPanel I could just remote into my studio PC and control things remotely and freely anywhere in the room.

I could send you my Cisco 350 to try on yours as well CE Geek. Let me know.

Edited by v100hell 2009-02-12 4:55 PM
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 4:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Interesting kommie2000. Does anyone know what OS the AirPanel 100 came with? I bought mine new in the box on Ebay and it had version 4.10 (Build 908). I wonder if they did any updates during the life of the product or if something else happened with mine. Maybe the seller updated the build, lost wifi and decided to sell them off? The seller had quite a few new units for sale so I doubt it, but you never know... It definitely was packaged as new.

CE Geek, what version of CE do you have on your AirPanel?

Edited by v100hell 2009-02-12 5:01 PM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

V100hell,

I still will offer you the Pencentra 200 with HPC 200 with docking station to trade with the AirPanel so I can test it.

This way you can work with a tablet that may do what you want and I can see if I can help on the testing.

S/F<
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 5:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

v100hell - 2009-02-12 4:58 PM

Interesting kommie2000. Does anyone know what OS the AirPanel 100 came with? I bought mine new in the box on Ebay and it had version 4.10 (Build 908). I wonder if they did any updates during the life of the product or if something else happened with mine. Maybe the seller updated the build, lost wifi and decided to sell them off? The seller had quite a few new units for sale so I doubt it, but you never know... It definitely was packaged as new.

I have one with WinCE 3.0, and another with 4.1.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 5:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The Airpanel 100 came with both 3.0 and 4.1, depending on when it was manufactured. Mine came with 3.0, stated very clearly on the box. I know they did offer the upgrade firmware on the viewsonic.com site for a while but then it disappeared. I had to find it on the LA.viewsonic.com, which I assume was for Latin America. I could not get the upgrade to load though without a hacked boot.bin image.

You can verify that your IrDA port is functional on your AP 100 with some software. Remote Control II will run on the device and it learns and transmits IR for your TV and such. They have a trial version too. http://www.wincesoft.de/html/remotecontrol_ii.html
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 5:39 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Nate! Thanks once again for the files. Strange thing, I can't downgrade to 3.0. I follow your directions to a T but it still doesn't work. It's not a big deal, I finally got my DLink DWL650 gen 2 card working in 4.1, so I'm happy. I used the remote desktop function to my laptop running Streets and Trips 2007 on the way home from work yesterday. Works just as I want. Now I just need to build the console for the van to house it all.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 5:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

V100hell, pick up a DLink DWL650 on ebay. They are going for less than $10 with shipping. I have the one with the square end and the yellow circles around the globe picture and I can attest that it works. I'll send you the drivers for it when you get one. It took me a day of searching to find them. Everyone on the net says these cards do not use the Prism driver but they do. They use the Prism 2.5 chipset. I found the drivers here on HPCFactor.com actually. Install the 2577 CAB file, insert the card, enter in Prismnds.dll and you are good to go.

Edited by kommie2000 2009-02-12 5:51 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 6:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

v100hell - 2009-02-12 1:58 PM

I also have both. I was recently able to snag one from the same seller for about $30 (plus shipping) when no one outbid me overnight.

Thanx for the correction, kommie2000 - I'll check that out on the CE 3.0 one. (Maybe I can figure out which DLLs are missing from the 4.1 ROM, and maybe they're dowloadable somewhere - I'm guessing that they're modules and thus not copyable from ROM.)
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 8:56 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey Ceya. I might take you up. I still want to try a few things first though. Part of me wonders if it's my local wifi settings.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 11:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

v100hell - 2009-02-12 8:56 PM

Hey Ceya. I might take you up. I still want to try a few things first though. Part of me wonders if it's my local wifi settings.

Let me know soon.

It is not a permanent trade but for you to try something different.

For me to try and fix some of your issues.

S/F<
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2009-02-12 11:57 PM
 Top of the page
Sean Riddle
Sean Riddle Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 2:23 AM
#
kommie2000 - 2009-02-12 5:37 PM
You can verify that your IrDA port is functional on your AP 100 with some software. Remote Control II will run on the device and it learns and transmits IR for your TV and such. They have a trial version too. http://www.wincesoft.de/html/remotecontrol_ii.html

Kommie-

I downloaded the RCII trial and it will learn codes, but it will not transmit anything. I verified this by pointing a camcorder at the IR port. If I go to Programs/Communication/IR Sync, I can see the IR port flash through the camcorder. Do you know if this is an issue with the trial version, or if there is some conflict with IrDA?

My airpanel 100 has Win CE v3.0 build 126. RCII automatically chooses COM2: Native Serial Port 2, and if I select any other port, it no longer learns codes.

Thanks-

Sean
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 3:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

kommie2000 - 2009-02-12 5:48 PM

V100hell, pick up a DLink DWL650 on ebay. They are going for less than $10 with shipping. I have the one with the square end and the yellow circles around the globe picture and I can attest that it works. I'll send you the drivers for it when you get one. It took me a day of searching to find them. Everyone on the net says these cards do not use the Prism driver but they do. They use the Prism 2.5 chipset. I found the drivers here on HPCFactor.com actually. Install the 2577 CAB file, insert the card, enter in Prismnds.dll and you are good to go.

Could you please post a link to the files, and what OS your AP is running. I think that would be very helpful to us all.

Are you able to scan for wireless networks with your card, or do you have to manually enter it?
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 5:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So here's a question. You can reset the V100 by opening the back panel and pressing the reset button. The manual states that if you do this you will loose all data and the device will be restored to factory settings. Normally that would obviously mean any messed up drivers you install will be gone. Does it? Does the device actually restore an image or is there a risk the installed bad drivers would remain?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12