x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 9:03 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Wow, I am really sick of spending money on this thing. I think the reason my Orinoco card is not working is because it is the 32 bit version and not the 16 bit version. I never thought this would be such a freakin pain just to get wifi on this thing. Does anyone have any cards they want to sell that they know works with this thing?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Gonzo
Gonzo Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 9:47 PM
#
I want to upgrade because the Remote desktop client in Windows CE 3.0 only supports 256 colors and the remote desktop connection looks terrible. From what I have read in various places the Remote desktop client in CE 4.X supports 16 million colors. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, I was able to use activesync through the IR port on the Airpanel 100 (yes it does have IR built in). This helped me install the drivers for my Cisco aironet 250 card. All is working fine except the screen looks terrible in 256 colors!
Thanks
 Top of the page
Gonzo
Gonzo Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 9:49 PM
#
Sorry, scratch that. I used an aironet 350 card not an aironet 250 card
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 10:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well it is true that you can do 16-bit color with RDC. I am not sure that you can utilize the IR port in CE 4.x

How did you do it in 3?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 11:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Speaking of 16-bit, why didn't you tell us before that your ORiNOCO is 32-bit (CardBus)? I coulda told ya that's the problem - CE 4.x .net doesn't support CardBus cards.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 11:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey Gonzo, can you post a link to the drivers you used to get the 350 going? I have one and can't get it working. I can't find the right drivers.
 Top of the page
Gonzo
Gonzo Page Icon Posted 2009-02-22 2:18 PM
#
Here is the link to the Aironet 350 drivers that I used (the file is ciscowince300v200.exe)

Cisco Aironet 350 driver (old)

This is an older version but when I tried to install the newer version it would not work correctly. I could not get these installed just by using the cab files. I had to use activesync through the IR port.

I have a laptop with IR support. I ensured that the laptop was set to watch for IR devices. I set the AP100 within an inch of the laptop (the IR port on the AP100 is next to the headphone jack). went to start -> Programs -> communication -> IR sync. As soon as I did it linked perfectly. Of course I already downloaded activelsync from Microsoft and it was running in the system tray of the laptop.

Still looking for Wince version 4.1 or 4.2 if anyone knows where I can find it.

Hope this helps!

Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 2:29 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Bah... I don't have a laptop with IR and I'm running CE.NET 4.1 on the Airpanel. Figures.... I also went to your link just to see if I could try the cabs, but received a 403 access denied. I tried to sign up for an account to access the files and got an error. Can you prop the files on a fileshare that does not require a log in? http://folders.live.com would work as well as rapidshare, ovi.com and others...

Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 1:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, maybe I will try the dwl-650.... is there any model that won't work with this device? I noticed there is a plus model.

CE Geek - 2009-02-21 11:22 PM

Speaking of 16-bit, why didn't you tell us before that your ORiNOCO is 32-bit (CardBus)? I coulda told ya that's the problem - CE 4.x .net doesn't support CardBus cards.

Since most ebay auctions don't list if it is 16 or 32 bit... I am going to stay away from the orinoco golds, since I already wasted 15 bucks on one
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 1:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You'll never have this problem if you look only for the Lucent and Agere versions, which are all 16-bit (PCMCIA). If there is a picture of the card in the auction listing, look for a gold band along the inserted edge. If the gold band is there, it's CardBus, so steer clear. If the gold band isn't there, it's PCMCIA and thus compatible. (QuagmireMan, I know you've already said you won't be searching further, but this info may still be helpful to others here.)
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 9:03 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-02-19 10:01 PM

kommie2000, there are quite a few on Ebay with the blue circles. There's also the 650+. Can you point to one in this list:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=DLink+DWL+650&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=DLink&_osacat=0

The 650+ is a different chipset.

Any of the ones that have the grey square ends on them would be the same as the card I have.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 9:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

QuagmireMan - 2009-02-21 1:14 AM

kommie2000 - 2009-02-12 5:48 PM

I am running the CE Communicator version 4.1. I used the hacked booter mentioned earlier. I can email it if you need it.

I am able to scan for SSID's. It works to both access point and ad hoc networks. The Prism software allows you to create profiles for different networks too.

I used it on a trip to South Dakota this weekend and it worked well. I was doing ad hoc to the laptop under my drivers seat for remote desktop GPS stuff, and then I drove around the town to find open access points for internet access.

What do you mean hacked booter? Anyway you could get the file hosted and post a link here?

Someone on one of the other forums hacked the 4.1 booter so it would work with the Win CE 3.0 version of the Airpanel. Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 9:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sean Riddle - 2009-02-21 3:46 AM

Kommie- I got a DWL-650 V.P1 off ebay for $10 shipped, but I'm having problems getting it to work in my airpanel 100. This one has WinCE V3.0 Build 126. I tried the Prism drivers 1.07.24.1025, 1.07.37.1095 and 1-04-03-0095, but none of them seem to work. 24.1025 installs w/o error, but when I insert the card and tell it to use prismnds.dll, the activity light comes on for a couple of seconds and then goes out. I can see PRISM1: and PRISMNDS1: listed in the network configuration, but if I try to run the Wireless Config Utility that got installed, it says "unable to connect to the wireless network card". System Properties does not show the card installed. If I eject it and put it back in, the activity light will come on for another couple of seconds and then go out. The other 2 Prism driver cabs that I tried gave the error "PRISMSTA.EXE performed and illegal operation".

Any ideas? Do I need to update to WinCE 4.0 or 4.1? I would like to use the airpanel for home automation, so I'd like to be able to hit the web and I'd love to get Remote Control working to transmit, but so far, nothing's happening under WinCE 3.0.

Thanks-

Sean

My install was doing the light up and then go out thing when I first started working on it. Turns out all of the needed files were installing. You should also have a Prism entry in your control panel after installing the CAB file.

I would say do the upgrade to Win CE 4.1. The wireless support is much better than in 3. I can attest that the V.P1 card does work in 4.1.

I tried the RCII the other day and it would not transmit for me either. I'm hoping that when RedGear is updated in April that we can use Pocket PC software for remote control. I don't know what they killed in CE 4.1 but it does mess up the IR port.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 9:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Gonzo - 2009-02-21 6:27 PM

Wow.. After many days and alot of help from all of you, I finally got my airpanel 100 up and running and able to contect to my XP pro machine. My airpanel is running CE 3.0. I clicked on the link above to see if the firmware upgrade to CE 4.1 was available and I don't see it. Does anyone know where I can get the upgrade?
Thanks for the help.

Gonzo, PM me your email and I will send you the files and instructions.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Gonzo - 2009-02-21 8:47 PM

I want to upgrade because the Remote desktop client in Windows CE 3.0 only supports 256 colors and the remote desktop connection looks terrible. From what I have read in various places the Remote desktop client in CE 4.X supports 16 million colors. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, I was able to use activesync through the IR port on the Airpanel 100 (yes it does have IR built in). This helped me install the drivers for my Cisco aironet 250 card. All is working fine except the screen looks terrible in 256 colors!
Thanks

CE 4.1 does support 16 million colors, but at the expense of speed. I tried it with Streets and Trips 2007 from my laptop and it just wasn't fast enough. Running in 256 colors worked better and really didn't look that bad.

One word of warning, you will lose the IR syncing when you upgrade to 4.1.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10